BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup peeps! I'm due in for a Inspection II in 1200 miles, so I called my local BMW Dealer and I was told that it will cost me $802.00!!! for an Inspection :yikes: is that right?!? if so, is there a way iI can just have a regular oil change, or have it done elsewhere. Pls. Pls. Pls. advise...thx guys!!....by the way my car has 48000 miles on.

Attachments

·
Steelblue Zim Zimma
580 Posts
This was discussed b4 I believe Inspection II only cost like $350.00, do a search for Inspection II I am pretty positive this is only like $350.00,.......... paying $800.00 is giving it to you RAW with no vaseline.....you on the west cost ask cutter BMW they will tell you the 411.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what if just take it to a regular car shop, someone I know and trust, will that be a good option rather than paying a enormous amount of money??

·
Steelblue Zim Zimma
580 Posts
I would say NO, cause you still have to get your car reset with the reset tool, I am telling X13 $350.00 is the going rate ask other dealers in your area, call John Cutter from cutter BMW trust me there service DEPT will tell you the correct price, I am surprised tons of people on here are not telling you this info when atleast 70% of the board in from the west coast.

·
Registered
92 Posts
the inspection 2 doesn't do anything but change your oil and check a bunch of stuff out on your car. my cousing is a bmw tec up north and that's what he told me for the inspections. u can have your oil changed else where. if u don't know a place come to me. i'm a manager at a oil change shop south of pasadena like 23 miles away from torrence. i know how to reset my oil service light...but the counter has to negative to reset the light. email me at [email protected] if u have any questions.

chung

1 - 8 of 8 Posts