• ASA/Kellener

Votes: 15 35.7%
  • Other: Please specify

Votes: 3 7.1%
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SC OWNERS: Which Supercharger do you have?

Just doing some research for some other folks. Curious on what everyone is using on their E46 (any model). Please post a reply also letting us know which one you have, the estimated or dyno'd RHWP/TRQ, and the cost of the SC kit and the cost of labor. Also, please only vote if you actually own a supercharger.

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
How does a supercharger affect the lifetime of an engine? Does it wear out the rings or whatnot faster?

Also, how does it affect gas mileage?

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Since I have AA (and voted), check AA's website for all the times of the various E46 models...They are all on there, with dyno graphs..

1: Can be used as daily driver?
Of course! Mine was at first, until I "retired" it and got a beater since I compete with it...But there is nothing wrong driving it daily

2: Lifetime of engine?
Shouldn't be a problem if installed right. Samir and I had many talks about this and DonDon had a '99 328i with ESS with no probs. Shouldn't be a concern

3: Affect gas mileage?
Mine is about same or a little higher in fact :) Still getting about 19-20 city and 27/28 hwy. I was getting like 18-19 city and 25/26 hwy pre-s/c days..

Good luck and whichever you choose...All 3 have be proven worthy enough and many board members here now have all 3 you mentioned :)

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
If you do get an AA, now is the time. I just looked at their site, and your SC'er is discounted big time.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't have one but I myself would go with either AA or ASA...

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,336 Posts
How much more power does the ASA kit make then the Technik Stage 4 power kit.

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured it would be worthwhile for folks doing research to see who has what and what their experience has been.

If you DON't have an SC please don't vote as it would be inaccurate.

ALSO: For all of you SC owners please add a post reply to give us your feedback. This way we can also know who has what.

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All three have had positive feedbacks in the past. ESS has been known to be stable but at times overrated on the HP production as it's mainly tuned for Euro E46 cars and gas.

AA is pretty impressive but don't know alot of owners. They are US based which I think is a HUGE plus and offer an intercooler. They also have good promos for their kits. The Rotrex blower is suppose to be nice also.

ASA: From what I've read, gives probably the best OUTPUT of HP. I don't know much more then that.

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also.. if you all can post the COST and COST of labor of your SC.. that'll be great too! Thanks, Mattman

·
Registered
460 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:
How much more power does the ASA kit make then the Technik Stage 4 power kit.
I believe the technik power kits use the ASA S/C

someone correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Iniquity said:

I believe the technik power kits use the ASA S/C

someone correct me if I'm wrong...
I don't think so..
The Technik power kits are for NA power only: Intake/ECU/Headers/Camshafts/Throttle-Body/Ported-Head

ASA s/c is a stand-alone supercharger unit, or can be combined with Technik power kits. Just ask xS3x :D

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
For me, I'm unfortunately semi-"contractual" not to divulge the price I got from AA. My deal was a one-time promo price that included labor by AA.

If you call them and ask to speak to Rey, he can help you get a good price :) Tell'em Nick sent ya :D

·
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jpatel2403 said:
i just recently got the ASA SK1 on my car and im loving it !!!!!!! :) One of the best if not the best investments on my car
What held you back from getting SK2? Cost? Is there an upgrade path from SK1 to SK2?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts