1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
1,973 Posts

·
Bahn Burnah
2,304 Posts
Az330im said:
aren't those EBC ones the same as the BavAuto Sport ones or whatever? Drilled and Slotted? I hear they suck....unless someone says otherwise...
I say otherwise :hi: No they are not the same, not even close. I LOVE my ebc rotors, I had zimmermans (cross drilled) before them. They work great, look great, and sound cool when braking :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
vaio76109 said:
Rust? My stock rotors will get superficial rust within 24hrs after rain.
That's just a glazing. Its not actual rust thats forming. So no worries bro!

But, on the topic of the thread... go with slotted... cross drilled are only for show purposes so even if you have the sliiiiiightest desire to autoX or track your car, don't go that route. You'll be kicking yourself for wasting money on them. Go with slotted if you must but even those... not THAT much of an improvement for what your'e talkin about. But yeah, slotted or nothing.

·
Banned
7,614 Posts
JCz04Bimmer said:
That's just a glazing. Its not actual rust thats forming. So no worries bro!

But, on the topic of the thread... go with slotted... cross drilled are only for show purposes so even if you have the sliiiiiightest desire to autoX or track your car, don't go that route. You'll be kicking yourself for wasting money on them. Go with slotted if you must but even those... not THAT much of an improvement for what your'e talkin about. But yeah, slotted or nothing.
AKA-SUPERficial(sp?) rust

Yes, go with slotted.

·
Registered
393 Posts
sheefo2k said:
just tell me which one to get?
no track no nothing

just about to order brembo oem replacemnt rotors that are cross drilled, or should i get the slotted??

with delux plus

how about slotted and crossdrilled? :dunno:

·
Banned
6,314 Posts
Slotted do a good job, and you don't run the risks that some drilled rotors have. You won't notice a difference between the two, so you might as well go with the one that will be the most reliable. That's not to say you won't find quality drilled.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
vaio76109 said:
AKA-SUPERficial(sp?) rust

Yes, go with slotted.
Oh wise guy eh!

Its not even superficial rust actually. Its just a glazing over that I'm pretty sure is caused when water is allowed to settle on the rotor and reacts with the chemical coatings. I've seen some turn green, brown, tan, etc... so it ain't rust.

:flipoff: take that! :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.