BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....manual tranny. I sent a message to BMW NA asking it to confirm an announcement seen on Bloomberg Business. Stay tuned.

·
Law Enforcer
2,315 Posts
The M2/M3/M4 will still have an MT option.

·
Registered
49 Posts
For how long though? Sad to think that manuals are a dying breed just because people don't want/know how to drive properly and they only buy the car because of the name badge, not because of what it can actually do.

·
Law Enforcer
2,315 Posts
For how long though? Sad to think that manuals are a dying breed just because people don't want/know how to drive properly and they only buy the car because of the name badge, not because of what it can actually do.
For as long as people will buy them. BMW won't kill the manual on the M2/M3/M4 in America. It's their bread and butter market for ///M cars. Porsche killed the manual only to bring it back because the owners revolted. BMW isn't stupid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's why I finally bought an E46! Missed having a manual... Looking forward to shifting gears again.

·
Registered
715 Posts
BMW doesn't make anything I would buy anymore - hasn't for quite some time now. It's a pity because I'm finally at a point in my life and career where I could purchase a brand new M car, but these fat, slow, wallowy, unresponsive, unrefined boats they call "driving machines" are anything but. I'm looking at Caymans and 911's instead

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well good luck with that. The new Cayman/Boxster sounds like a Subaru now. The new M4 is nice, but I agree, just too big of a car, at least for me! Having a blast driving my new/old e21! The e46 feels like a Bentley in comparison and the i3 feels like the starship Enterprise. All fun!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts