E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Fanatics. I've been a member for a while but I've never taken the time to post or start a thread. I've recently acquired a 2001 330CI from an insurance auction with a salvage title. What sold me was the car had a factory hardtop and the price couldn't be beaten. I will try to post more as I go along with repairs and upgrades. Here are a few pictures when I got her.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Damn, what are you gonna do about the frame in front? Are the door gaps even?
The car has already been fixed. It was pulled with a frame machine. Gaps are reasonable and doesn't pull to the sides. Wheel alignment is within specs. I'm just waiting for some comments before posting some more pictures.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hope it was cheap, there's a lot of work to do to that (if you're doing it correctly) and you're probably going to exceed the cost of just buying a clear title car in a more desirable color combo.

Good luck, detail everything.
It was cheap. Lets say I have less than $2500 including the purchase of the car. I've done all the work myself except for paint, plus I have easy access for parts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly, that's going to cost you so much. By then, you're going to think twice about that purchase. Not attempting to be negative but, that sucks. To add to it, it's an automatic, blah. Good luck.
Wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have the right resources. I'm doing this for fun and as a pass time, not to make money in a resale later on.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have the right resources.
That's something people fail to understand. Can wait to see how everything comes out! :clap:

PS: I'm sure you have everything figured out but I'd replace the oil filter housing gasket while everything is off. It's only a $10 part but a pain to get to when everything is on the car.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.