BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 330i 2004
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2004 330i E46

I noticed there are a few options with different price range for the Seconday Air Pump:
  1. BMW : $420
  2. Pierburg : $235
  3. MTC : $210
Is Pierburg alright in terms of adhering to the BMW specs and durability?

·
Premium Member
2000 328i MT
309 Posts
Yep, Pierburg is OE for the SAP and other parts. Don't pay BMW's inflated prices, no need. The other brand I have no idea about, but I'd stay away, probably made/copied in China.

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,477 Posts
Pierburg is original equipment (company that makes it for BMW). would use with highest confidence that it’s quality. and for $25 more than another brand would certainly spend that $25 knowing fit and finish is best.

·
Registered
26,146 Posts
BTW, OP, you didn't specifically say yours failed, but in case you're replacing it because of the screal you hear from it, know that that screal can go on for years. It's just the impeller rubbing in its plastic housing...nothing dangerous...and it might not fail for years. I did mine way after 300,000 miles, but can't say when.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I think I would delete the SAP if mine ever failed. I never sit and idle on cold mornings anyway.

Ymmv.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,261 Posts
I think I would delete the SAP if mine ever failed. I never sit and idle on cold mornings anyway.

Ymmv.
I did, and have absolutely no regrets, but that's not an option for many folks, depending on their state's emissions laws... :(

·
Registered
304 Posts
You left out used. I***8217;ll ship you one for $60. If you have a pick-a-part near you it would be even cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts