BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ti-m-e
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some early xmas presents for me and I thought I'd share my joy :thumbup:

Coupe Autofold M3 mirrors courtesy Mr. Kensu on eBay, I had to hop on this as it seem like a better price than the 2 group buys going on. I still need to send these to the painters, it'll kill me but I probably wont have these installed until february when the frickin snow calms down.

There's more pix in my gallery if you care to see them. I must say there is truth when they say the average male spends $900.00 on xmas presents, of which $400.00 is for themselves:D. All said and done I've spent less than the $400.00 for all these things so I guess I'm below average. :thumbup:

·
ti-m-e
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CF kidney grilles + Blue Tooth headset. I told myself I'd stay away from CF but these ones look really good.

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
good stuff!

anything is better than stock mirrors on our 3'ers!

i love my m3 mirrors :D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,151 Posts
they look sweet

don't forget to take pictures when the mirriors are on the car.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
ti-m-e
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
ti-m-e
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
M3 VROOM said:
nice mirrors but the weave on those grills are kinda crappy but nice mirrors!!!
Actually it may just be the picture, in person it looks alot better. I would give it 8 out of 10.

·
Mod Squad
12,558 Posts
Congrats on the mirrors. Question about the c/f grill covers. Are those the ones I've seen for sale on eBay? How's the finish on them? Would you happen to know if the weave is similar to the GruppeM? I've been thinking about getting a set, but I'm a little hesitant buying things off of ebay. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Qestion about the mirrors for you Guys who have done this. Is it dificult to wire up the folding function of the mirror on a car with out this function. I love the way these mirrors fold..... Must Have

2001, 330ci
2" drop
clears
K&N

·
Registered
585 Posts
MESH_KING said:
those don't look like real m3 mirrors
yah but anything is better then the square stock ones... mine kill me everyday i look at my sig lol i think i found my next mod

·
Registered
406 Posts
MESH_KING said:
those don't look like real m3 mirrors
Besides material, how are they different from the OEM M mirrors?

3rd_collective: How long did it take from the time you paid Kensu til the time you received your mirrors? I just paid for a set from KenSu also.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ok, I'm still a newb here, but very interested in a mirror upgrade later in spring. I've seen some mirrors that I want, they look a little different from those you're showing, but also claim to be 'M3' mirrors. On the mirror arm, it's 2 'beams' or moldings, with a small gap in between, then it hits the mirror. Wish I had a photo to share, but I saw these on another E46 mod site that was loaded with photos (Take me forever to find again..)

Do those sound familiar, or are they most likely a speciality job someone did?

·
JDM - Style
4,163 Posts
TheTICK said:

Besides material, how are they different from the OEM M mirrors?

3rd_collective: How long did it take from the time you paid Kensu til the time you received your mirrors? I just paid for a set from KenSu also.
They are "thicker" in certain parts than OEM M3 ones. I have the same one, look good nevertheless.

BTW a lil OT - I like your car, nice and low with one of my fave wheels and kits :thumbup:

·
Registered
406 Posts
dronell19 said:
They are "thicker" in certain parts than OEM M3 ones. I have the same one, look good nevertheless.
Thats good to hear... but as far as look-wise ie: angle of the plate and the mirror housing... all of that is pretty much same as oem right?

dronell19 said:
BTW a lil OT - I like your car, nice and low with one of my fave wheels and kits :thumbup:
Thanks man, I've been admiring your coupe for over a year now.

:thumbup: on switching over to sedan! I was going for the clean look before... but version 2.0 of my ride will be done in 2 weeks... the mirrors were the last piece and I should be getting them anyday now.
Here's how it looks now

1 - 20 of 28 Posts