BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought 7 inch galaxy tablet and would like to see some pictures of your installs in your e46

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Bimmer

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
I Just bought 7 inch galaxy tablet and would like to see some pictures of your installs in your e46

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Bimmer
Ghetto...get a SUV dude...............:banghead: Or velcro that shizz yo.:craig:

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
They make windshield suction cup mounts, but it's not really "clean" (assuming that's the look you're going for). Since I have access to the materials, I'd custom fabricate a mount that would somehow clip into my dash trim securely (and could still be removed). :dunno:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Why do you need android garbage in your car? Do you use it for gps?
Last time I checked these things don't even have a proper gps program. Tom Tom on the iPhone 4 is godsend.

·
Just Nuts
7,253 Posts
Mount it on the front part of a hard hat. Then you can flip it down when you need it and flip it up when you don't. The hard hat will also protect your head when you crash.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I see why you would want to implement your galaxy tab into your car, but it's going to be hard to find a spot on the dash for something like that. The only spot I can think of would be the passenger-side airbag space. I wouldn't recommend that, though.....unless you hate everyone that rides shotgun in your car and you want them to die in a wreck. If you're looking for the usability of android in your car, your best bet is going to be this:

http://www.dynavin.com/android.php

Obviously it's an expensive solution and it doesn't use your tablet, but I don't see any other way to get android in your car. The tablet approach doesn't seem possible.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not looking to keep it in the car all the time. I just would like the option to mount it on road trips. If the signifigant other wants to watch a movie or dj my drive for me skype. There are tons of things to occupy yourself with while on a long drive.

There's a pretty sweet track logger with the torqua ap as well it overlays a transparent layer of google maps with your track video.

There's a lot of haters on this site. Its no wonder this world is goin to [email protected]!#
You can dislike my style and give constructive critisism all day long but why does everyone gotta try to make people feel like @$$holes

Not cool :-(

Sent from my PC36100 using Bimmer

·
Registered
497 Posts
I'm not sure if I've seen any mounts that would be big enough to hold a 7" tablet. Your best bet would be just to look around at universal mounts of some sort.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Why do you need android garbage in your car? Do you use it for gps?
Last time I checked these things don't even have a proper gps program. Tom Tom on the iPhone 4 is godsend.
they have google navigation which is superb...I use it on my HTC Desire z all the time. And if you didn't know, dynavin has also been making units with android.

·
May the farts be with you, always
6,806 Posts
I'm not sure if I've seen any mounts that would be big enough to hold a 7" tablet. Your best bet would be just to look around at universal mounts of some sort.
or have your gf just hold it..

just get one for the rear passengers

http://www.proclipusa.com/

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have that one that fits my BB but I'm not sure if they go large enough to fit a tablet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey ... I just joined the forum today, but Ive been reading this forum and a lot of others for a long time. I JUST installed a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in my e46 coupe. I did a LOT of research and used ideas that other folks shared. I want to give back, so I created a blog that takes you through my entire install in words and pics. Here's the link http://droidmw.blogspot.com/ Let me know what you all think!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts