E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very soon I plan on installing a bolt in rollbar. I was wondering if there would be any problems with me using stock seats with a 4 point harness and a rollbar? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
410 Posts
it will work, but 4 point harnesses suck, its impossible to actually get them tight without the lap belts riding up your stomach. If you just want to run 4pts though, I would get the quick fits and run them sans roll bar. If you are installing a roll bar, might as well get some reals seats and 6 pts to go with them.

·
Slow in, slower out
4,365 Posts
The only 4 point belts worth a damn are from Schroth. If you are going to the track, get some real 6 point belts. If you are driving on the street, avoid the poseur style bar and fast and furiously stupid harnesses.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 4 points I was looking at were the Schroth ones sold by bimmerworld:

http://store.bimmerworld.com/schroth-rallye-4-asm-harness-p1271.aspx

The car is driven on the street and sees ALOT of track time. I was thinking of retaining the factory seat belts for day to day useage. That is also why I want to retain the factory seats, they are quite comfortable and heated.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I would try finding a comfortable fixed back racing seat and go with a 5 or 6 point harness if you are getting a roll bar/cage. You might still be able to use/leave in your stock belt for street use...or just get the Schroth 4 point no need for seats or roll bar.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The best case scenario is I would love to find 2 very comfortable fixed back seats.

I would try finding a comfortable fixed back racing seat and go with a 5 or 6 point harness if you are getting a roll bar/cage. You might still be able to use/leave in your stock belt for street use...or just get the Schroth 4 point no need for seats or roll bar.
I always thought that with any type of harness a rollbar, as a min, would be required. Are you saying the Schroth 4 point would not require a rollbar?

·
Slow in, slower out
4,365 Posts
Stock seats make it tough to properly install 5 or 6 point belts. Running the sub strap/s forwards over the front of the seat bottom is incorrect. You could probably snake the sub straps of a 6 point backwards between the seat bottom and seat back.

Or, temporarily run the Schroth 4 points until you get suitable 1 piece seats.

·
Registered
410 Posts
The best case scenario is I would love to find 2 very comfortable fixed back seats.

I always thought that with any type of harness a rollbar, as a min, would be required. Are you saying the Schroth 4 point would not require a rollbar?
those schroth quickfit 4 points are specifically designed to work without a roll bar on the stock seats

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
I have the quick fits, they are pretty comfortable as long as you tighten the lap belt first, and then tighten the straps running over your shoulder.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.