BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm just about to start building a new M3 track car and i've been trying to find someone in Melbourne who has some experience in tuning a S85 V10 using an aftermarket stand alone computer.

I can find places that flash the stock ecu, but thats not gonna work with a stripped out car with an engine conversion. I have found two ecu's that are capable of running it (Pectel SQ6 and SC Tornado2), i've been involed with Nissans for a lot of years now and i have a very good tuner for them, but he hasnt worked on any BMW's so i'd like to find someone with some experience with tuning the V10 as i'm not keen on blowing one up on the dyno. :thumbup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've already been talking to Neel. Very smart man and very easy to talk to. He has pointed me towards the pectel. Awesome kit, covers everything you can think of and its a complete plug in, not exactly cheap though very comprehensive.

I'd like to find someone locally who has played with them a bit. The V10 that is.

I hope to have the car done some time mid next year. Very happy to share.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Bimmer App

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a picture of the car as it sits now. Its got KW suspension, bbk, carbon panels and a few other bits and pieces. Engine is dead stock, which will also be for sale soon.

uploadfromtaptalk1351453805262.jpg

·
Euro tuner
3,532 Posts
These are two places I can think of.
Not sure what they're are capable of doing though.

www.southernbm.com.au/
www.tigersoft.com.au/
Both do not do stand alone.

When it comes to the BMW tuning world in Melbourne, I don't think anyone that tunes them does stand alone for that engine. EFI hardware do some trick stuff. But I have no idea if they have tuned a V10. More than likely not.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew I'd be pushing to find someone who'd done a stand alone. I'd just like to chat with someone who has some experience playing with them. I might just have to settle with dealing with OS people, which really isn't a problem just like to keep some local imput.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep. Its in the UK. I'm waiting for import approval at the moment, been a painful three weeks. I should know this week hopefully.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Using the race only import scheme. Need a cams licence and a demonstrated history in mororsport. That's the basics of it obviously a little more involved.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
exactly. That's pretty stupid. I never understood why you need the CAMs license. I the car is never going to be registered then i don't understand why the law can't just leave it at that. After all, isn't the only reason why our personal import laws are so strict, only to protect out domestic new car sales market?

·
Registered
939 Posts
exactly. That's pretty stupid. I never understood why you need the CAMs license. I the car is never going to be registered then i don't understand why the law can't just leave it at that. After all, isn't the only reason why our personal import laws are so strict, only to protect out domestic new car sales market?
Reborn cars anyone?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep Damo.

I always wanted to put a V10 into something. Then I saw that car and my decision was made.
E46 M3 FTW.

·
Registered
12,015 Posts
Reborn cars anyone?
Ye thats pretty much why id say

I think it used to be the case a number of years ago where any car could be imported but not registered..

but then obviously "re birthing" was wanted to be stopped

from what i understand though its not very hard to get it in as a "race only".. but ive never done it so would know first hand

1 - 20 of 23 Posts