BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always loved the way the s2000 button looked so i installed one in my car. Took me a while to finish this up but the final results made it all worth it. This is an OEM Honda S2000 'engine start' button installed in my E46. But please, no more 'you should've gotten a z8 button' comments, i've gotten enough of those :mad: This button is fully functional, put the key in the ignition, crank to the II position, and push the button to start the engine.

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
262 Posts
So that really works or just for the look??
how to install it?

·
Registered
863 Posts
More power to you for using Honda parts....probally wont break!:D

·
eh.
1,379 Posts
nice.. u got a diy? interested about doing it... when i get my car back in a month............ frick

·
Registered
650 Posts
Silly question :) but is there any way of stopp the key from turining to position III so that you have use the start button rather than the key ?

Thanks,
Stuart.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
-=Stu=- said:
Silly question :) but is there any way of stopp the key from turining to position III so that you have use the start button rather than the key ?

Thanks,
Stuart.
Yup, all you have to do is cut the ignition wire from the ignition. However, i didn't want to cut my wiring harness so i stripped and tapped into it instead.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If it work's as good as it looks it's the most original mod of the year!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thecrossfire said:
If it work's as good as it looks it's the most original mod of the year!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Oh course Rick (S4play) Did this months and months ago too....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts