BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running RCA wires and need some help.

For those who have done this or seen posts (I searched, but can't find any), which side is better to run the wires?
I am in the process of running down the driver's side and I am stuck. I have the seat removed and the rear side bolster, but I can't get the door sill cover off. Does this thing just snap in? I am pulling on it, but I don't want to break anything and I can't see how it is held in place.

Rob.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Over here in NZ cars are right-hand drive and the car's main power cable (the big red one) runs down that side. I'm not sure if its the same for left-hand drive cars but wat ever you do DON'T run the RCA's on the same side as the main power cable. As we all know, when an RCA cable comes close to a power cable you get noise coming through the stereo system.

The door sill has 4 screws, 2 on the unders-side of the handle-rail, 1 behind the grummet behind the flip handle (to open door) and te other behind the "Airbag" sign (which clips out).

Once all these screws are out pull gently on the door to prevent breaking the clips underneath.

Goodluck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts