E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i have been trying to get my car to run right but can seem to figure out whats wrong. I have a 2004 330i zhp and its been running lean. i have replaced the lower intake boot, injectors, coil, spark plug, and maf. i cant seem to track down the problem. I have a lean code for bank one and I just got a new code P2098. It feels like its misfiring and a get a random misfire code sometimes. i have done a fuel pressure test and smoke test and both are fine. car was originally straight piped with no cats but I put the cats back on. I'm truly running out of ideas. I'm about to replace the PCV valve but not sure if that's the problem. can someone please help. I'm truly tired of spending money on it.

·
Registered
9,127 Posts
i have done a fuel pressure test and smoke test and both are fine
Any data to prove this?
I have a lean code for bank one and I just got a new code P2098.
So both banks are lean?
Does it run much better with cold engine? Cold engine runs with O2 sensors bypassed, and so if it ran better then could be O2 sensors or signals are bad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any data to prove this?

So both banks are lean?
Does it run much better with cold engine? Cold engine runs with O2 sensors bypassed, and so if it ran better then could be O2 sensors or signals are bad.
Yes it run better when its cold. would it be the upstream 02 sensors for both banks. I used to only get bank 1 system lean. also would an 02 sensor cause a misfire when the car warms up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts