BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to use the stock variable controller for the fan, on say a spal fan?

Had an auto, switched to manual 5spd, still have ac pusher fan. Would like to get rid of everything for a aluminum shroud and spal fan.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

·
Registered
739 Posts
good question! To avoid any problems down the road i just rewired and switched to the relay provided with my zionsville spl fan. But they looke relatively similar when i pulled the oem one out, so maybe if you spliced them together they would work worth a shot. The relay kit i had from zionsville was over 175 dollars!

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good question! To avoid any problems down the road i just rewired and switched to the relay provided with my zionsville spl fan. But they looke relatively similar when i pulled the oem one out, so maybe if you spliced them together they would work worth a shot. The relay kit i had from zionsville was over 175 dollars!
Yea the one from spal is 150-180. Not very cost affective, i could get and oem fan for total cost of this setup. But I might try lol maybe with more research

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Bimmer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts