E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I finally got a nice set of 19" ifroged senekas. fitment and everything is just fine, but I think there is a slight rubbing in the back, where the most outer part of the tire ( few mm above the rim lip) meets the fender. I think this happens only when I drive over bumps and on the turns.
Not much, but still bugs me knowing how expensive these tires are !!!
Car is still on the stock sport suspention.

Is there a good body shop in Glendale area where I can get the fenders rolled ?? or any where near ?

how much am i looking for to spend doing that ?

thanks,

Artin

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have 19" axis supermesh wheels.. staggered, 8.5 and 9.5. not sure what the offset is..

not lowered, sport suspension, 235/35 front tires.. 265/30 rear tires.. hankook ventus sport k104.

i bought the rims for $1000 brand new.. tires for $500 brand new. i was planning on getting some more expensive tires.. and i wanted 255/30 in the rear, but the price was so good, i couldn't refuse. :)

i haven't mounted the tires yet, so i'm not sure if i will rub or not.. but i'm planning to drop it a little bit with H&R sport springs in the near future.

w/ the stock sport suspension, i'm thinking i may rub occasionally with 265 tiers in the rear, but i just want to know where i can get my fenders rolled for a decent price.. just in case.

kevin, what's the name of the place in long beach? thanks man.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
car is still on the stock sport suspension and yes it did rub until i got the fenders rolled.

wheels spec:
9.5 x 19 R
8.5 x 19 F
Tires:
235 x 35 x 19 F
265 x 30 x 19 R

I know a few other fanatics that had to roll the fenders using the same Wheel/tire size on their rides, even with the stock SS.

clee521,

If I were you, I would have gone with 255. you can always put a 255 on a 9.5 rim without a problem. since a 255 tire streches out more than a 265 on a 9.5 wheel, you have more rounded edges on the sidewall and it is a HUGE HELP with the whole rubbing issue, plus 255 eliminates a bit of over steering that you may have with 265's.

good luck

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DrtyJack75 said:
Man I just got my wheels put on....same sizes......mine rubs in corner and bumps.........Im getting coilovers tomorrow, hopeing that will fix my problem....good luck and let me know if yours is fixed with rolling or whatever....

[email protected]
I really dont see instaling coilovers solving the rubbing problem, unless you raise the car intead of lowering. You definatly need to roll those fenders in the rear. By rolling the fenders basically they cut out part of the rubber silant between the inner panel and the outer panel of the fender, that creates more room to push the inner pannel out and roll it up. after that is done tire clears the fender instead of rubbing against it while kissing the corners or going over bumps.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
e46boy said:
if you are willing to drive to long beach area.. there is a place where about 30-50 fanatics go , he is the best :)

yes i think i went to the same guy, if you are refering to A-one Autobody in Huntington beach. I need to make another trip out there, the driver side fender still rubs slightly when i corner real hard...
It needs to be massaged little more :thumbup:

·
call me kev :D
5,512 Posts
bad2thebon3 said:
yes i think i went to the same guy, if you are refering to A-one Autobody in Huntington beach. I need to make another trip out there, the driver side fender still rubs slightly when i corner real hard...
It needs to be massaged little more :thumbup:
nope... wayne is awesome.. my car is there, but there is a even better guy that i recommend when it comes to undercarriage work.. his work is just awesome

fab @ ef1 motorsports :)

and the only reason why you rub with that setup is because they chose either a bad offset or just simply a wrong offset

our car can easily fit a 19x10 with proper offset and no rubbing

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
e46boy said:
nope... wayne is awesome.. my car is there, but there is a even better guy that i recommend when it comes to undercarriage work.. his work is just awesome

fab @ ef1 motorsports :)

and the only reason why you rub with that setup is because they chose either a bad offset or just simply a wrong offset

our car can easily fit a 19x10 with proper offset and no rubbing
Im not sure about the offset on my wheels, but I really doubt if its a wrong or bad offset especially being a custom work from Iforged. but its always good to check and find out. Are your fenders rolled?

·
call me kev :D
5,512 Posts
bad2thebon3 said:
Im not sure about the offset on my wheels, but I really doubt if its a wrong or bad offset especially being a custom work from Iforged. but its always good to check and find out. Are your fenders rolled?
no. .it's because it's custom wheels.. that you hvae to watch out for offset, because they can make any offset they want, and trust me.. they do make mistakes

that's why offset is such an important info that most companies don't give out, becauase it's the difference between rubbing and not

if you order HRE from a unknown place, it might rub, but if you order from wheelexpert, i can gurantee you that it will work just fine.

and yes i am running offset of 32 which is very aggressive, so i did roll my fenders

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
it really depends on the amount of work done. there are cases that tire barely touches the fender so a slight touch up would do just fine. there are time where you see smoke coming out of the fenders while accelerating (it rubs so much). so they charge differently. mine was 150 for both rear fenders. and yes kevin is right ... there is nothing to be rolled up front.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.