BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to hear a rubbing noise coming from the rear wheels when I take a turn... The noise can only be heard when taking a turn at a slow speed. I have the OEM setup 19"'s on my M3, does anybody have the same problem?

I took it to the dealer the other day and he said it could be the emergency brake sticking or a defective wheel.

He rotated the tires to see if that fixed the problem but it hasn't I plan on taking it back in a couple of days. Just wanted to check if anyone had the same noise with the original setup.

Thanks,

·
Registered
296 Posts
Your subject line could be interpreted in a number of ways.... :lmao: .

A defective wheel? WTF is that?

Sounds to me like it could be a brake line or the like.

I know it sounds bad but you may want to have them check the drivetrain for bent axles etc....

·
Registered
398 Posts
i think i have that too. whenever i make a turn, usually right at slow speeds i hear this godawful noise...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

It turns out its the differential, after the dealer lifted the vehicle the right side has excessive play in it so he ordered a replacement...... Good thing its still covered under warranty.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
happy you found the trouble

and are taking care of it under warrenty to. nice going.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts