BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning to buy a set of UUC pedals soon. i read some online DIY and i see that i need to remove the rubber part from the clutch and brake pedals. how about the gas pedals?? do i need to remove anything from the gas pedal as well to install the UUC pedals?? can someone pls confirm that??

also, i know there is a piece of rubber insert for each UCC pedals. are they durable?? will they wear out really fast?? i worry about the clutch and brake pedals, if the rubber insert wear out, it will be very slippery to step on just the alumnium part.

thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
The gas pedal you don't have to remove, they gas pedal just goes over the stock one. Brake and clutch are simple, those things just rip right out.

4,231 Posts
TopazAl said:
also, i know there is a piece of rubber insert for each UUC pedals. are they durable?? will they wear out really fast?? i worry about the clutch and brake pedals, if the rubber insert wear out, it will be very slippery to step on just the alumnium part.
The rubber is extremely durable, we have sets that have been in cars for close to three years now without appreciable wear.

Even so, we do have replacement rubber inserts in stock. In all the time they have been available we've sold maybe two sets to people who bought them as a precaution when they first bought their pedals.

Basically, I wouldn't worry about the rubber.

- Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts