BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rsx's got dc cai, greddy evo, short shifter, comptech spring, progress sways..... u think i can beat my bro? wit my stock 330ci manual from a dead stop to 100..... or 80 mph and from a roll @ 40mph to wutever.. rite now i got 1000 miles on the car... how much more miles till i need to wait to hit vanos?

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
well it depends on how baller you are

·
Registered
644 Posts
i just had a little rodevue with a normal one i think.. no tags with all this ****, ****ing loud as **** attracted cops and it was even sorta, but i had 3 ppl in my car, so he was pulling off me wwhen i delayed on the shifts bcuz im a newbie

·
The Man
338 Posts
last summer i was in my friend RSX and we raced a 330Cic. the BMW had 2 guys, 2 girls, We raced out of harvard square, onto
Mass ave. I think the BMW had a automatic becuase everytime we changed gears we got half a car length ahead but then the bmw would catch up. we changed gears again and we would gain another half car lenght but it would catch up again. It was one hell of a race though. I think we hit 70 on mass ave, we would have all got arrested if a cop say us. We were up by about a half car length before we let off. I am guessing though if it was a coupe with only 1 person inside instead of a convertable with 4 people it would have smoked us. Both cars were stock.

Funny thing was we sat there making fun of they guy for buying such an expensive car and getting tooled on by a Acura. He moved to texas 2 months later. I wouldn't want to hear what he says if he saw what i bought in Nov. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've driven my friend's RSX TypeS and I honestly didn't find it as fast as some people claimed. Once VTEC kicks in, it does pull in the high end. But it didn't do it for me in the low end. Minus the ghetto stock tires, that can't take any kind of launching, I think the 330s could take em or give em a good run.

As for a regular RSX, I drove one of those when my friend got it for a loaner car, those things are slow as @$$. 330s will definately tear em up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My wife had bought an RSX "hype" S about 8 months ago and I thought that it was a cute car for her to drive. And all this talk about how fast these cars were gave me a peace of mind that she can accelerate out of accident type situations. Well she had the car for about a month and the whole time I did not drive it. Well one day when my car was in the shop for maintenance I had to borrow her car for a day since she was in an office all day and she did not need to drive anywhere. I was on the highway doing about 75 MPH and this huge frickin' tractor trailer accelerates to try to pass me to get in my lane so I down shift one and punch it !!! And guess what? The damn thing felt like it wasn't going anywhere and I lost to a big friggin semi. So at around 5 PM I picked her up from work and drove directly to a BMW dealership and got her a 325i. Even at 185 HP it had more "pick-up and go" than this "hype S.":thumbup:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I had a different experience with the type S than Grey330ci. Maybe it's because i only have a 325ci. I think the RSX weighs like 2600lbs or something close to that, and you can feel how light it is when u drive(both straight and in turns). It might not have much torque in terms of numbers, but given the weight, u can really feel it especially with such a wide rpm range. and the 9000 rpm limit is sweet...You really have to downshift 2 gears at a time to appreciate the car. also, i'm not sure what the 0-60 time is, but the car's strength is when it's moving, and not from a stop. That's why i find it hard to believe a tractor trailer can out accelerate even the base RSX because it has so much potential at high speeds. That's just my opinion based on my experience.

One of my roommates bought an RSX type S for 21k. I think it's pretty easy to negotiate prices for that car.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I have driven some, not nearly as fast as a 330Ci manual

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
remember his car is modded.... n u know how responsive rsx's r too mods..... hes level wit an s2000 already.... or either the s2000 dude got a lemon.. we tested both car rsx n s2000 while switching driver too... and rsx still beat him

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
With that said, it should take a 330 then.

·
Invalid User
10,755 Posts

·
Movin On Up
570 Posts
i raced my buddies rsx type s with a comptech exhaust vs my stock steptronic 330i and it was a decent race. i beat him up to 50 thats where we stopped but for a little honda thing kept up pretty good. at the point where we stopped i was just beginning to gain some space between us. i later drove it and by far and away the 330i or ci blow it out of the water in terms of pickup and handling and such. it purely shows the difference between 25g and 40g.

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,595 Posts
if u get smoked by a rsx i laugh in ur face....
dont worry dats not gonna happen

1 - 20 of 54 Posts