E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
:eek:mg:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
609 Posts
i have ever see a video clip that turbo 911 lost to RS4 too
 

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
Joined
·
5,358 Posts
RS4s are QUICK!!!


Too bad that video sucked to actually see what was going on...
 

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
Joined
·
2,358 Posts
Damn, I wonder what that RS4 was boosting. Must had had some major work to "work and M3" like he did. I too agree that the video was filmed a bit weak.
 

·
P.I.M.P.
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
M3Inline6 said:
Damn, I wonder what that RS4 was boosting. Must had had some major work to "work and M3" like he did. I too agree that the video was filmed a bit weak.

major work?? Like being stock heh...stock they are just as fast if not faster then an m5...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
who wants to drive a wagon??? even a 380-HP one! :D
 

·
can ya spare some change?
Joined
·
738 Posts
SL500 said:
not really fair just wait for the M3 csl to rape its ass
I highly doubt that it will. The stock RS4 have a 0-60 in 4.8-4.9. The stock M3 does 0-60 in about 4.6-4.7sec. Since the CSL is just lighter, I'd say it'd take about 0.2 sec off its time to say 4.4-4.5sec.

It still won't blow the RS4 away. It will come down to the driver. With the same driver, the M3 will be faster but if you chip the RS4, and bye bye M3.

I still like the M3 better tho :D
 

·
P.I.M.P.
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
from a roll the rs4 will KILL an m3 period...there is about a 150ft/lb torque difference(i think that would be the only weakness that the e46 m3 has IMHO, not enough torque)....what is it....270ft/lb vs close to 400 ft/lb...i don't even think the RS4 in that video was chipped......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
PowerDrift said:


I highly doubt that it will. The stock RS4 have a 0-60 in 4.8-4.9. The stock M3 does 0-60 in about 4.6-4.7sec. Since the CSL is just lighter, I'd say it'd take about 0.2 sec off its time to say 4.4-4.5sec.

It still won't blow the RS4 away. It will come down to the driver. With the same driver, the M3 will be faster but if you chip the RS4, and bye bye M3.

I still like the M3 better tho :D
02' M3 CSL concept:

Power 268.5 kw / 360 bhp @ 7900 rpm
Torque 393.19 nm / 290.0 ft lbs @ 4900 rpm
Curb Weight 1300 kg / 2866 lbs
 

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
Joined
·
2,358 Posts
K-DOG said:



major work?? Like being stock heh...stock they are just as fast if not faster then an m5...
Looks like I was right! If you look at Mattman's post, the link is there, and that RS4 was worked and the M3 only had exhaust. A stock RS4 wouldn't beat an M3 like that. A stock RS4 runs on par w/ a stock M3, so I'd come down to driver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Why in heck would you even compare an M3 CSL to the RS4?
The M3 would practically beat it in EVERY catagory on the track.
Weighs about 800-1000lbs less, Huge brakes, excellent suspnesion, PSC tires.
The m3 CSL is a track car that goes up againt gt3's and 911TT'sm and even exotic cars.

Do you guys really care what car could hit 60 first?

Btw, the RS4, just like most other AWD cars will have a much lower top speed due to AWD.
 

·
Member
Joined
·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Problem is, is that you can't do too much more with the M3 while the S4/RS4 has alot of potential..... :dunno:
 

·
can ya spare some change?
Joined
·
738 Posts
SL500 said:


02' M3 CSL concept:

Power 268.5 kw / 360 bhp @ 7900 rpm
Torque 393.19 nm / 290.0 ft lbs @ 4900 rpm
Curb Weight 1300 kg / 2866 lbs
Your key words are "concept". See this
article
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top