BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2002 330xi. It has been running fine but ever once in a while the service engine soon would come on after filling up with gas. After a couple starts the light would go back out.

Yesterday the car took longer to start than normal and the service engine soon light came on. It was sluggish and had poor acceleration. After getting home I went out to move the car into the garage and it would start but would die when I put it in gear. Later that night I started it and was able to get it moved into the garage with no stalling or dying issues.

I checked the codes and there are two codes.

First code - P1447 Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage (DM-TL) Pump Current Too High During Switching Solenoid Test.

Second - P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or single sensor)

Any ideas or things to check would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any information in advance.

·
Registered
10,576 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2002 330xi. It has been running fine but ever once in a while the service engine soon would come on after filling up with gas. After a couple starts the light would go back out.

Yesterday the car took longer to start than normal and the service engine soon light came on. It was sluggish and had poor acceleration. After getting home I went out to move the car into the garage and it would start but would die when I put it in gear. Later that night I started it and was able to get it moved into the garage with no stalling or dying issues.

I checked the codes and there are two codes.

First code - P1447 Diagnostic Module Tank Leakage (DM-TL) Pump Current Too High During Switching Solenoid Test.

Second - P0340 Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit (Bank 1 or single sensor)

Any ideas or things to check would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for any information in advance.
The P1447 code won't affect drive-ability. The second code means that the intake camshaft position sensor is bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts