E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a set of track wheels and tires for an E46 M3. The wheels are Rota replicas of the Volk Time Attack wheel. The size is 18x9.5" ET30, they are super light, and fit all the way around on an M3. Tires are Yokohama slicks, size 250/650/18 (equivalent in size to ~265/35-18 BFG race tire).

These are the ultimate track wheel and tire. Light, strong, and make a Hoosier feel like a street tire. I used them for a grand total of 2 days last year and they have been sitting in garbage bags in storage ever since. I am committed full time to rallying now so these are just taking up space. Slicks should give you a few more weekends (depending upon how you drive) or would make a phenomenal autocross tire.

Some asked about the finish on the wheels -- the finish is very, very good. They're just still covered in brake dust from the last time I used them.

Asking $1300 shipped OBO.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am stupid then!
My friend has 380/385 on 19's and has no more than 5mm clearance.
Thats all the clearance that you need. Thats whats recommended for people who track their cars. The 385 rears would be a problem, or did you mean 345? The fronts clear these specific rims no problem. I am waiting for the advans to see how they clear 390mm.

·
Banned
3,845 Posts
Do you know a weight on the wheel? Would you consider selling rims seperate, I'm not ready for slicks?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don't know the weight off the top of my head, but they are VERY light for their size. I'll pop them on the scale tonight.

I won't split them up. There's nothing to be afraid of with slicks vs. track tires. If you are looking to run track rubber, slicks are just that much better. More sticky, more consistent over a stint, and lighter weight. Only reason more people don't run is cost, as slicks are more expensive than even a Hoosier.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts