E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm trying to decide whether or not this will look good on my car. The reason I'm think of doing this is because i have a roof rack with a thule fairing that rubs the roof. I don't really want it to "scuff" or take the finish of the roof anymore than it has and the little stickers that comes with the fairing leave a lot of gunk behind. I would really like to see some Oxford Green sedans with a black roof if anyone has pics. Any help is much appreciated as I am unsure if it will be ok or look horrible.

anyways, here is my car as it sits today. I was thinking matte black or gloss black.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Just put a strip of 3M clear bra along the front of the roof.

I agree with the others that say your car needs other cosmetic changes to pull off a full black roof. But it's dark enough that gloss black vinyl would be fairly subtle.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's. I like the idea of a gloss black roof, but then wouldnt I need gloss black window trim and kidneys? If I did these two mods would it help me pull off the roof or is their more that I would need to do so it doesn't look too out of place?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Start somewhere with black and keep modding, it will get to the point where you want it. Black is the only combination you can have with that green.
Thats definitely the conclusion I've come to. So do I go matte all the way or gloss for everything? It'll take some time but I think I'm gonna start the modding process. I've got the maintenance up to date so I think I'm ready. The interior is in great shape so not much to do there.

·
Registered
15,369 Posts
BTW..when I said "black" I did not mean Roof. I wouldnt do it to any car color (I don't have it). I believe that black is the only color that match green. Body panels, trims, grills etc. Never put Black wheels, unless you are dropped with a full body kit. Alec is a perfect example.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ok guys, well I've decided to hold of on the black roof for now. I might just do the clear 3m strip across the top. But i am in the process of wrapping my trim with a brushed steel vinyl. Later on this month ill order some exterior cosmetic upgrades if I can decide where to start. Any suggestions please let me know. Ill post up pics of the interior when its done

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.