BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I am considering getting an ACS or ACS Replica roof spoiler pretty soon and was wondering a couple things. First, how does it attach to my car? Double sided tape? Next, will this cover up the top part of my rear windshield? I am asking because the tint job that is on there did not cover the dot matrix too well and doesnt look that great IMO.

Thanks

AdamR

·
Registered
155 Posts
it comes with some glue stuff.. but i had to use the glue and some tape because the middle of it was warping up after it was painted/cooked

it doesnt cover very much of the top window but i think it does cover the top dots tho

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,680 Posts
hey adam, where can u get a replica from?

·
Imported *******
872 Posts
I've got one, made by RD though.

I use both epoxy glue and double sided industrial-strength tape. (The way my roof spoiler works is it sticks on to the end of the roof and not the glass. And since the part that contacts the roof is a little recessed, I had to use doublesided tape to get proper contact beween roof and spoilier.)

·
Imported *******
872 Posts
digitalgm said:
How much did it run you and how diff is it than the ACS one?

AdamR
Here's a closer pic. I dunno how the ACS looks, but it should look TOO different.

I paid $180 for mine. www.racdyn-usa.com

Attachments

·
Wohnhafter perverser Mensch
3,414 Posts
The glue that the ACS roof spoiler comes with is insane. It is incredibly hard to remove the spoiler once it's on.

·
I holla
1,692 Posts
jun14scr said:
i wodner what happened to that guy, where the body shop mounted it on the roof.
i think they fixed it for him right away. would've liked to have seen pics of it on the roof though :lmao:

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,218 Posts
I have the ACS Roof spoiler on my car. It mounts to the top of the window. I have it on there with the double sided tape that BMW uses to attatch M-lip spoilers and the model numbers on the rear of the cars. Works pretty well, but it is the only double sided tape i would reccomend. I wouldn't get a replica, just because i doubt they would send any mounting glue or anything. Get the ACS one, it runs about $300 on bavauto.com and maybe you can find it a little cheaper if you look around. I would have put the spoiler on by glue but my car is leased :)banghead: ) and i will need to take it off eventually. I say go for the ACS and get the glue crap used to put it on so its on there good. Good luck.

dalton

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,218 Posts
PS- If you want some pics of the ACS one, i could e-mail them to you, just let me know. i tried posting them but it said the file was too big.

dalton

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah man! Thanks.

AdamR

Dalton said:
PS- If you want some pics of the ACS one, i could e-mail them to you, just let me know. i tried posting them but it said the file was too big.

dalton

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i have the ACS replica roof spoiler in carbon fiber! i love it! there's a guy that sells them on ebay!:thumbup:

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,218 Posts
i've seen them on there every now and then, its kinda random. did you get those pics i e-mailed you digitalgm? i kinda had a hard time sending them so let me know how it turned out.

dalton

1 - 18 of 18 Posts