E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
^_^
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody who has installed their roof spoilers ever had the spoiler flying off their car while driving? :confused:

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
OMFG....HAHAHAHAHA.

3M is where it's at....

·
^_^
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most people say the 3M doublsided tape is not good enough. At least the epoxy should be used.

I've a bodyshop that told me that this thing will fly off like.. 90% of the times?

·
Registered
352 Posts
at 115 mph my hamann has a tendency to vibrate very loudly. only hapens when im realy flying so i don't really care.

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
That sucks. I don't think I would ever attach ANYTHING aftermarket to my car with epoxy.

·
Alpha Male
6,032 Posts
BigRain said:

OK, if Clem w/ 19759 posts says ok then it's OK I guess. :)
Just be sure to use the supplied adhesive. If you don't have any I'm sure the body shop has some sort of expoxy that will work just as well.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
i have the ACS and it has flown off twice, both times i was going over 120. i used some cheap ass tape from the auto store that was supposedly "really strong" yeah right. luckily i know some people so i got it repainted both times for free **whew**. i then went and bought this black tape that was like $30 for a roll that a friend of mine used for his m-lip ans said its good. he said its the kind the dealership uses :dunno: i have gone over 120 now and it sticks. this tape is really good. i'd tell you the name but the roll is in my trunk and im lazy :D i didnt have the epoxy because i bought the spoiler off of someone. oh well. i would use what it comes with but if you really want the name of the tape i could go find it. maybe ill look later and post it up...good luck, if you use the stuff it comes with you should be fine, dont be dumb like me :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
BigRain said:
Most people say the 3M doublsided tape is not good enough. At least the epoxy should be used.

I've a bodyshop that told me that this thing will fly off like.. 90% of the times?
yeah, i used urathane seem sealer on mine, i have a carbon fiber roof spoiler and i'm not about to let that fly off on the freeway!:thumbdwn:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts