BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the RD Roof spoiler and my installer asked me if I wanted it underneath the black rubber lining on the top of the window, or on top of the rubber lining....So should it be on top of it or under?

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,315 Posts
ACS roof spoiler is glued onto the rear glass

·
Registered
134 Posts
will any of these spoilers cover the dot matrix portion of the back window of the coupes?
might be a solution to the horrible tint and dot-matrix problem.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,315 Posts
I have the ACS roof spoiler and you can still see the dot matrix..unless you go with a bigger spoiler like the Hamann one

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
bump, im also gettin a hamann roof spoiler. would like to know if it should be on the glass or on the rubber?

·
Registered
345 Posts
gopt the rd roof spoiler and it goes on really one way between the roof and the black rubber around the glass its a perfect fit

·
name's PHIL
6,061 Posts
egyptnads said:
bump, im also gettin a hamann roof spoiler. would like to know if it should be on the glass or on the rubber?

its supposed to be glued on the glass........i repeat GLASS only.....they use some kind of black eurethane glue which is supposed to hold it like a mofo:thumbup:

·
Registered
345 Posts
"its supposed to be glued on the glass........i repeat GLASS only.....they use some kind of black eurethane glue which is supposed to hold it like a mofo"

But the edge has a groove that just fits perfectly and the glue gose on the part that is laying on the glass. DON'T FORGET TO CLEAN THAT PART OF THE GLASS !!!!!

·
Banned
1,193 Posts
i believe it is this adhesive called betalink. it comes with alot of roof spoilers as the main adhesive

·
Beware of pwner
1,758 Posts
egyptnads said:
i believe it is this adhesive called betalink. it comes with alot of roof spoilers as the main adhesive
Does anyone know how to use the Betalink adhesive. I bought it from the dealer, but the instructions do not match what came in the box. Right now it looks like a tube of sausage. Do you poke it and squeeze it out, does it need to be mixed with anything, or kneeded like an epoxy? :dunno:

Any help would be great.

TIA

·
Registered
159 Posts
Roof Spoiler Removal

I just brought home my first bmw. its a 2001 325i and it has alot of Hamann tuning on it. on the way home from the dealership at around 75 mph i heard this horrible heart stopping vibration coming from the back of the car. finally i figured out it was the spoiler on the roof. the middle of the spoiler is vibrating against the glass or the roof when i get up too fast. is there anyway to fix this and if not is there any way to remove the spoiler without ruining the car?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds like you need to re-glue your hamann roof spoiler... have it done by a body shop before u snap that sh*t in half trying to remove it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts