E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
get a thule 753 specialty rack it mounts right into the roof. i have put 3 kayaks, multiple bikes, christmas trees, skis and boards. i love it best investment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The thule 753...does it screw into the built in mounting points on the roof of the ///M and it's compatible with the 2002 model? And any damage to the paint over time? I'm looking to get one in the next few weeks. Thanks friends.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'd use the OEM BMW rack. In fact, I am using the OEM BMW rack. It looks great, is easy to put on and take off, is OEM quality, and as far as I know it's just as good as any other racks out there. The base supports (shown on my car in sig) cost $170 and from there you can buy whatever attachment you need (Bikes, Skis, Snowboard/skis, etc). I don't know the cost of other racks, so the BMW one is probably more expensive. It's not like you cheaped out on your car, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Thule as well. It screws into the stock roof mounts. Doesn't touch the paint at all. I think the same model fits all E46.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The BMW rack is a great rack however the Thule rack is going to have more versatility and in my opinion is actually better built then the BMW on top of that Thule has a lifetime warranty on all of their products. I sell racks where I work and would definatly recommend the Thule also all of the accessories from Thule will fit garunteed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts