E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Yup i'm running the new RE pulleys. No problems so far and there is a noticeable diff ( a lil bit more pull ) but the most noticeable is that it pulls a bit earlier and engine seems to "spin-up" easier than before.

For the price of 175 US, definitely great value for what it gives!
:thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
642 Posts
Which pullies does it replace? CAn you see them on the engine? Also any alternator slow down? I'm going to need mine running at full speed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cheffy

It does seem like a bargin. If you buy their exhaust now you get the pullies free, you can't beat that!

Do you see any difference in the steering effort? Or anything else?

No there is no Alt. pully. Thats because dropping the current isn't always good. Rogue explains it on their site. UUC offers two different alt. pullies, one for reg. guys one for audiofiles.

Pat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
The other pulley set that is commonly used on E46 is the evosport one and that one replaces the alternator pulley ( along with the water pump and power steering ). There are two different alternator pulleys - one for audiofreaks and one for non-audiofreaks.

After installing the RE pulleys, nothing was changed. (ie. steering was the same)
 

·
E46Fanatic
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
cheffy said:
The other pulley set that is commonly used on E46 is the evosport one and that one replaces the alternator pulley ( along with the water pump and power steering ). There are two different alternator pulleys - one for audiofreaks and one for non-audiofreaks.

After installing the RE pulleys, nothing was changed. (ie. steering was the same)
how was the install and how hard was it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Re: Thanks Cheffy

Speedfreak said:
It does seem like a bargin. If you buy their exhaust now you get the pullies free, you can't beat that!

Do you see any difference in the steering effort? Or anything else?

No there is no Alt. pully. Thats because dropping the current isn't always good. Rogue explains it on their site. UUC offers two different alt. pullies, one for reg. guys one for audiofiles.

Pat

i thought the deal was over by dec 31 of 2002...:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Just purchased a set of RE pullies, hope to get it install soon. I am going to install it myself, anybody has any advice for installation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
SL57 said:
Just purchased a set of RE pullies, hope to get it install soon. I am going to install it myself, anybody has any advice for installation?
RE's directions on the tension pulley are correct. The Bentley manual is wrong. Under the dust cover for the tension pulley is the bolt that lets you relieve the tension for removal/installation of the belt. Size 8 hex and use something to help torque it a bit (small pipe over hex key). Move it very slowly clockwise and you'll get it to move. Everything else is easy otherwise.

I feel these pulleys are worth the money. One thing I noticed was a better ability to pull at low rpms in different gears, especially 2nd and 3rd.
At this price every little bit helps.

I'll see if I can get some pics today.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
StreetTrixE4six said:
do u need to remove anything to do the install? headlight(s), intake, etc...?
On the 330 you need to take out the electric fan, not a problem.
I also loosened and moved the airbox to give myself some elbow room. Follow the RE directions, they're pretty good, just watch out for that tensioner. :)
 

·
E46Fanatic
Joined
·
3,060 Posts
Roose said:

On the 330 you need to take out the electric fan, not a problem.
I also took out the intake to give myself some elbow room but it's not necessary. Follow the RE directions, they're pretty good, just watch out for that tensioner. :)
cool, thanks :thumbup: i plan on installing them same time i install the intake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
As promised:

1. Water pump pulley
2. P.S. pulley
3. Tensioner

NOTE: the tensioner bolt mentioned above does not come off. The tensioner will start to move as you torque on the bolt. Belt comes off and goes on easily now. Good luck.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top