E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2004 330ci and would like to get a Short Shift Kit put on.

Was looking for thoughts on the Rogue Octane SSK? Anyone have this that recommend or very much dislike?

Was considering the RTD...However, feeling that it maybe to aggressive for the street.

I realize they are very different SSK, was looking for opinions and recommendations.

Thank you!

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,468 Posts
One of the many criteria of a short shifter is the quality & longevity. I find the Rogue products one of the best in this regard.
The only gripe I've heard is a slow break in time. Never any fiddly stupid screws to come loose or back out.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
7,468 Posts
Yes, in fact it's my #1 choice most usually.
Install it and forget it. Some others require something to be fixed down the road.

I love upgrades, good upgrades. I just can't stand it when someone is willing to buy some Chinese bottom of the barrel (we used to call these JC Whitney parts) crap. And be willing to [email protected](k with it again in a year. C'mon.

Any upgrade should not only bring about a gain in one area or another. It should last as long as the factory part!! If not longer (cept the wearing part) owing to superior materials.
IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts