E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, I purchased a Rogue DMS exhaust about a month ago, and I have close to 800miles on it--I feel that sufficient time passed, so that i can do a good write up. The reason why i chose this exhaust over the UU"Cough" was the looks...by far i think this is the best looking system for the non m e46's. The other jersy company's system looks like stock....why would i pay that much money for something that looks like a stock exhaust with bigger tips???

Initial Impressions: First off the packaging...HUGE I did not expect it to be that big...the box with the replacement catbacks had to be stuffed diagonally into my sedan(pillows and blankets of course). I went to a reputable muffler shop and had it installed for a good price.(around 100bucks, bringing the total cost to 800) When they opened the box, i was amazed...it looked better then the picture, and i cannot say that for many products...to say that quality is good would be a very big understatement.
PS. Once the stock system was taken off, it looked very very crappy.

Sound: I have previously heard the dinan, the other jersy company, and the hamann. At first, i will not BS you i was very underwhelmed...it sounded GOOD, but too quiet for me, i was expecting something more throaty. I am not a fan of exhausts that set off car alarms, but this was definately not loud...After having it for 700-800 miles, my initial impression is void. It is definately not "quiet" anymore...floor it, get pushed into the seat and smile. The settling in helped a lot...and no i did not just get used to it...It sounds VERY refined...i did not expect this. There is no droning at highway speeds...when you step on the gas however, you do get a little bass....it is not loud at low speeds. When you turn on the car, it makes a GREAT sound...a true complement to the m54 engine note. The sound is very deep not loud...not too quiet. It does get very loud at top RPM, however. I let my friend do a driveby while i was standing on the sidewalk, i was very impressed....i was thinking, "Is that really my car??"

Performance: I live in an area with MANY hills...and i felt a performance increase as soon as i left the shop...It was a lot easier to climb a hill at low rpm...i think there was a significant increase in torque...The car felt like it was swimming up the hill, instead of walking up it. I also did a before and after 0-100mph run. Same day(I did a run the night before i got it installed), and then i did a run the night i got my exhaust. The only performance mod i have is an ITG drop-in filter. The difference was significant in that i was able to chirp my tires from 2-3(i drive a manual) after getting the exhaust. Whereas before i was never able to do this...only from 1-2. To me this difference is significant and i am very satisfied.

Conclusions: I am extremely happy with this system....It looks amazing...I did not expect the system to be that great at highway speeds-no sound from inside unless you tap the gas. Performance increases are significant...I felt bad for my car after seeing the stock exhaust...it must have been suffering. Personally, i feel nothing on the market can touch its looks.

Downsides: Heavy compared to the UU"Cough" system...that system offers about 10lb more of weight savings over stock.
Initially, it made a loud burp sound if you step on the gas and then completely let off, however, after break in, this problem is completely gone.
It costs $$$$ bling bling.

Overall, I would give this exhaust a 9/10...
I tried to be as non biased as possible...i do not favor Rogue over UU"Cough" in any way...i have bought from both and both are good companies.

Final PS. Although i will not bash on any companies, I would advise any exhaust shoppers not to go with dinan unless they get it VERY cheap...I studied that system in person and it is heavy, blocky, has small tips, does not come with replacement catbacks and the gruppe M intake by itself is louder and more throatier.

Attachments

·
Still around...
1,594 Posts
K-DOG said:
The reason why i chose this exhaust over the UU"Cough" was the looks...by far i think this is the best looking system for the non m e46's. The other jersy company's system looks like stock....why would i pay that much money for something that looks like a stock exhaust with bigger tips???
How do ya figure? "Looks like stock?" :confused:
Got something in your mouth, you coughin' so much? :eeps:

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,392 Posts
great review..both the dms and tse tips look about the same to me. just more distanced..both are great bytheway i would only choose between these two.

·
Big in Japan
1,120 Posts
UltimateOne said:
Rogue tips are too far apart, sometimes you have to shave your rear add on.....
true, but all the shaving I had to do on my ACS was the same amount as I had already done from the eisenmann..

damn ACS wants you to have THEIR exhaust..and their 20,000 dollar supercharger..

·
Registered
543 Posts
do you have pics of it on your car?
and if possible i wanan hear some sound clips.. thanks

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Re: Re: Rogue DMS Exhaust Review(Long)

Krix330cic(NJ) said:

How do ya figure? "Looks like stock?" :confused:
This is what i mean, not trying to be be an ass....just want to show my point...i hope no one minds me using their pic. The one on the right is stock.

Yup, it still came with free pulleys, but they are just sitting in my room b/c i think it will take some bling bling to install.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
i was checking out the UUS website before i read this thread and i also noticed their tips look like stock. yeah yeah they got the staggered set up so what. :thumbdwn:

·
Fanatics vs. E46 DTM 4evar
5,390 Posts
BEKSA said:
i was checking out the UUS website before i read this thread and i also noticed their tips look like stock. yeah yeah they got the staggered set up so what. :thumbdwn:
Umm almost every exhaust will look similiar to the oem to an "extent" from a straight back shot. But the UUC tips are larger obviously.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Big in Japan
1,120 Posts
a touch off topic, but those pulleys take less than an hour TOPS to install. Ive done a few sets, and could prob do them in 20 minutes.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UltimateOne said:
Umm almost every exhaust will look similiar to the oem to an "extent" from a straight back shot. But the UUC tips are larger obviously.:rolleyes:
Almost all, but not rogue. The rings are visible from far away and create a unique look. Thats why i got it, and that was my point-doesn't look stock.

PS. i really like your addon/exhaust combo

·
Registered
440 Posts
so which one is louder, the AA or RE? I saw some exhaust comparison at Eurospeed.com, RE loses back pressure since it's dual can in and out.

·
Registered
988 Posts
imho the stock 330 exhaust tips are really nice looking, i don't think you can improve much more on such a perfect car from the factory.

·
Registered
207 Posts
sounds like you are enjoying it down to your last penny:thumbup:

I just heard the clip from the Rogue website and it sounds awesome....not too loud yet deep and throaty...

But personally, I like how Remus look. How do those sound compared to Rogue? Anyone??

TIA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts