BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the honor and pleasure today or riding in an E39 Dinan S2 M5 today. This was the real deal, serialized and all...and yes, I did check under the hood for verification. Here is what happened:
One of my customers came in and asked me for an on-the-car wheel balance on his BMW. I write him up, and ask what kind of BMW it is, so I can put it on his ticket. He just says '01 M5. So I hang the ticket in line and go about my business. I look outside and see this red M5 with the Dinan wheels on it. I ask him "by any chance, is that a Dinan S2 M5." He was so happy I knew what it was. He says "actually yes, one of only three complete cars in the whole country." Anyway, to make a long story short, he took me for a ride in it, flat out (and since we service all the City of Doraville police cars, they do not care if we speed a little in the area, as long as we are careful), and I have to say that as long as I live I will not be happy until I own that car.

I have driven tweaked Porsche's, Ferrari's, Mercedes SL55's, pretty much every fast car out there, and this M5 is the KING!!!! Pulls like I can't even describe. What a rush!!!!!!

Just had to share that with you all. I didn't think that anyone actually had the balls to cough up the $35,000 for the upgrade, but let me tell you, if you got the cash, this is the car to have.

-Craig

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Awesome, what kind of shop do you run. :thumbup:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are a LOT of upgrades

to make it a true S2. Throttle bodies, air flow meters, cold air intakes, exhausts, suspension, software, sway bars, the list goes on. This cars dynoed a true 481 crank horsepower. HOLY SH1T!

I am the owner/manager of one of the 5 Butler Tire stores in Atlanta. We do wheels, tires, body kits, suspensions, exhausts, HID kits, A.C. Schnitzer accessories. We service a LOT of high end cars (see www.butlertire.com), and I have had the pleasure of driving a lot of the cars out there that people always dream about. Again, of all the cars that have ever come through my shop (including numerous 360 Modena's, SL55's, Murcielago's, etc), that M5 was the most fun I have ever had in a car and the one I want to own more than anything I have ever been in before.

-Craig

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably didn't pull harder

but as an overall package, I'd take the S2 M5. Remember, there is no supercharger on the S2 M5, only pure, unadulterated, naturally aspirated torque!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts