E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way to the dallas auto show yesterday with my friends dad who's got an 03 M5. riding in that car gave me a true sense of what fear is. On the tollway a M3 pulled up next to us and took of. We then blew past it going about 130. After slowing down to 70 next to each other we both raced up to about 150 and we were at least 5 car lengths in front of him. the dinan M5 is making about 450hp and has no top speed govoner. Several months ago my friend was driving the car and we were going to waco at 2am. We got up to 180. I nearly wet my pants.

·
Registered
487 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: daaaaaam...becareful dude...120mph is dumbfast as it is..ESPECIALLY when it's done on a public road...but 180 would be fine on a private circuit :thumbup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have taken a vow to never ride in another car again because I know that none can be as good as that! (unless its another M5)

·
F22C1
944 Posts
Runurass said:
:yikes: :yikes: daaaaaam...becareful dude...120mph is dumbfast as it is..ESPECIALLY when it's done on a public road...but 180 would be fine on a private circuit :thumbup:
true...next time take a video;)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not like I carry a camera with me every where i go.

The colors of the car are amazing, carbon black with a carmel color interior. I love the suede headliner.

·
Registered
487 Posts
hamann3 said:
It's not like I carry a camera with me every where i go.

The colors of the car are amazing, carbon black with a carmel color interior. I love the suede headliner.
ur friends dad....just sleep over his house one night or somethin and take some pics for us :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
BABY BANGBUS
1,963 Posts
thats sick.....one night I drove my friend's M5 and went to 165mph. Thats the fastest I have ever gone and I know what u mean by wetting your pants, I was so close to doing that. HAHAHA.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the amazing thing is that in those cars, even when traveling over 120, you can't tell, the ride is so smooth. but accelerating that hard in 3rd and 4th gear is orgasmic.

·
Registered
227 Posts
yep 120mph is incredibly smooth on the bimmer ..
i did that on sea-to-sky (vancouver) and the 330 just grips and grips and keep going even though it's incredibly fast !!

on the other hand, 180 is fearful !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Driving Fast...

Damn... that's fast...

Two cars I went over 120mph.

Acura Legend - 142 mph and my own 330i - 135mph (red lined).

·
P.I.M.P.
2,369 Posts
How do you redline at 135??? are you step? I took my car up to 142 and had still a good amount of rev's left in 5th.

·
Banned
542 Posts
The M5 is an awesome car...last year for bimmerfest, I drove an M5 from LA to SB with 2 M3s (one of them being bigtime007). They took the go and I caught up and passed them in a short time period a couple times. The car even has power in 6th. Then I saw a 355 and I fell back and cruised with the older owner and finally a nice open strecth of road was available and I chased it on its tail in 5th gear up to 150mph and was going to pass when the turn came so we slowed down. The 355 could not pull away. But I must say, the 360 F1 coupe I drove this weekend was an entirely different experience. I will post pics of the 360 when I have a chance to go take some. Hopefully this weekend.:D

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
M5 is :drool: :drool: :bow: :bow:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts