BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m sorry guys for asking this question again as I’m starting to replace my rod bearing. In comparison between ACL , OEM and BE bearings which one is better ? Also do you know what’s the average total cost for the shop to do that ? ( part and labor).

·
Registered
381 Posts
Guys have had success using ACL, which you can get from Lang or even amazon, and they are 1/3 price of others you mentioned.

Parts and labor should come in <$2k.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
98 Posts
I’m sorry guys for asking this question again as I’m starting to replace my rod bearing. In comparison between ACL , OEM and BE bearings which one is better ? Also do you know what’s the average total cost for the shop to do that ? ( part and labor).
Considering the labor you're going to pay to install them just buy OE ones from FCP. If you ever need to change them again you can get new ones for free

·
Registered
381 Posts
Considering the labor you're going to pay to install them just buy OE ones from FCP. If you ever need to change them again you can get new ones for free
Break even on this one is 150 now vs 500 now vs what happens in 5-10 years. I do use fcp for a lot of things not sure on this one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had BE bearings for a few hundred dollars in my last engine and they did their job. ACL bearings were used in my built engine though. The company has a great reputation, has been around forever and for $80 on amazon it was hard to beat. I've used them in other builds in the past and never had a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts