BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m debating on whether or not to install Stongard when my 330Ci arrives. They sell a full kit for $445 and a partial kit for $292. I’m thinking about going with the partial kit as I know for sure, the hood will most likely get damaged form rock chips and flying debris. Is protecting the bumper overkill? It’s mostly plastic correct?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Kartman

·
can ya spare some change?
796 Posts
don't know if true, but I heard that u can't remove it without damaging the paint...

·
][D ][ ][V][ ][D
1,540 Posts
I have Stongard on my front valence only. Worth every penny. After I had the kit painted and installed, it was so low, that it was chipping like no other. So, I had Stongard installed. Haven't had any issues with yellow residue or fading (probably b/c it's on the front valence.

·
Registered
724 Posts
My stone guard is on order now, after I dump truck sprayed my hood and bumper with rocks. Cost me $500 to have fenders, bumper, and hood repainted:mad:

I cant wait to put it on:D

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
listen to me on stongurd

if you go to a auth.dealer and have them put it on you get guar.
for 2,000. if your car gets chip on the front bra area,side mirrors
and head lights and fog lights. you get the money. but

ONLY IF THE AUTH.DEALER DOES IT. VERY INPORTANT.

and if it yellows for the life of the car they will take it off and do it for free. if you do it it is not covered .

NOTE PLEASE
i dont know if you buy it from the sponser here in the e46 fanatics
if you get that guar. you should ask him that because if you put it on the co. may say that you did not put it on right. and you won't be covered for the guar.. the co. stonguard told me that.
if i was any body in this forum

DON'T BUY THE STONGURD UNLESS YOU GET THAT 2,000 GUAR. IF YOU CHIP PAINT OR CRACK GLASS ON HEAD LIGHT OR FOG LIGHT ON CAR WILL THEY GIVE YOU 2,000

on the lights they use a heaver material like a heavy tint.like you would put on glass only heaver on the body they put a lighter skin
goes on very light looking (thin).

I HAVE IT ON MY FRONT AND BACK BUMBER AND ON THE LOWER PART OF THE SIDES OF MY CAR AND GOING UP MY DOOR EDGE.
cost me 1,500.00 best investment i make. i live in bklyn new york and i park in the streets to go shoping. i have my car 6 weeks not a scratch on my baby but one thing.
STONGURD WON'T GUAR. NO OTHER PARTS EXCEPT WHAT I TOLD IN THE BEGINNING OF THIS POST.
and for any body in new york area these only one dealer that gives that 2,000 guar. he is in new jersey no one in new york is a auth.dealer
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
317 Posts
$1500 for stongard? Holy $hit! And why did you get it on your back bumper? You doing some high speed reversing?

Honestly, I wish I had this on my hood, but since I bought CPO, it was too late... Depends on the color of your car too as to whether you should get the full kit or not. Rock dings show up as nice white dots on my black hood, but I don't have a problem with my bumper.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
Dre325 said:
$1500 for stongard? Holy $hit! And why did you get it on your back bumper? You doing some high speed reversing?

Honestly, I wish I had this on my hood, but since I bought CPO, it was too late... Depends on the color of your car too as to whether you should get the full kit or not. Rock dings show up as nice white dots on my black hood, but I don't have a problem with my bumper.
i will explain. i put it on my back bumper because i go shoping and park in the streets of new york. people to fit in tight parking spots will hit your car bumber front and back. my last car had a lot of dinks .with stoneguard you don't see any marks and chips,or dinks. and i did side of car to keep rocks to bounce up from highway. to chip my lower sides hope you understands why i did that after this
bobn3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts