E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I am driving I can hear my tires making a noise almost like when your washing machine is spinning and is slightly off balance. I am assuming that it's my tire balance being slightly off but I just had them rebalanced a week or so ago and also had them make sure that I didn't have a rim bent. I also think I need a front end alignment, could that be making my tires make more noise than usual? I know this seems like a petty issue but it drives me crazy so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would go ahead and get the alignment, but how old are the tires? Tires can get unusual tire wear and make noise that will never go away until you replace them. That should not be an issue on a newer set of tires, unless you have been driving around with one or more out of balance or a suspension part worn out allowing the tire(s) to bounce around.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tires are brand new and the only thing that I am aware of that needs replacing on my suspension are the Front Control Arm Bushings. Could they be causing the tires to bounce more during driving?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts