E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of all the pot hole talk, I decided to make a simple site to track and report road conditions.

http://www.potholefree.com

Concept is simple, if you are going somewhere you never been before enter from-to directions on bottom right and see if anybody else marked speed bumps, uneven roads or pot holes on your route. If road is in good condition it will be marked as a green flag.

Click on any marker to see what type of hazard it is and description (if user who reported it decided to fill it out).

To add a new marker, simply click on the spot that you want to add to the database.

The user additions are automatically reported to the city every 24 hours.

P.S It will auto detect your location; but if that's wrong simply select from drop down on bottom right to correct it.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Need to find a way to integrate this with the state database of unsafe road locations, there is a map of all the potholes in the NYC area

·
Registered
176 Posts
you also programmed CT and Pennsylvania backwards FYI, if you hit set state on CT you get penn and vice versa

but otherwise looks good

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks MP I will correct that. Ferrix the only database I'm aware of is the private one within comptrollers office. Got another one?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
ive seen an interactive map recently that lists all of the road hazards that are to be fixed by the NYDOT can seem to find it, ill look around

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
From this past winter with all these snow storms and being away, there so many new and worse pothole over the city and jersey. Damn Sanitation Dept. messed up these roads really bad even after being paved last year. Waste of tax dollars.

But this is definitely a good idea, wish this could be incorperated into GPS databases.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The PA/CT confusion has been fixed.

Info added for 1&9 in NJ near Bimmerclinic
Word :thumbup:

Can't seem to be able to mark a location as when I hit the mark location button nothing happens. :dunno:
What browser are you using? If you are on the phone I never tested it for Iphone/Android/BB.

·
Check us out at CES 2012!
1,144 Posts
Good stuff, I see a lot of potential in this... best of luck!

·
Registered
301 Posts
FYI the site some are talking about is big apple maps which is essentially the same thing and NYC will recognize it as a source as well for being put "on notice" for potential claims.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
FYI the site some are talking about is big apple maps which is essentially the same thing and NYC will recognize it as a source as well for being put "on notice" for potential claims.
Correct me if I'm wrong but those are for paid members?

On that note, live data from Trapster and 311+511 (NY) is now integrated within the map. http://www.potholefree.com

1 - 20 of 21 Posts