E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im curious about the RMS supercharger for the E46 M3. ive read some stories about it. i think theres 2 kiits. the stage 1 that produces 430hp and the stage 2 that produces 510hp.

does anyone know any information about the S/C kits?

i know theres a 2 year warranty on them but i know that theres been some blown engines too.

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,644 Posts
All I can say is buyer beware. RMS has the most reported blown engines of all the BMW tuners it seems to me. If you like having the car in the shop a lot, try em out. the specs of the e46 M3 engine are so tight out of the box, getting an sc on top of it sounds like madness without major strengthening of the rest of the engine components. Unfortunately, it seems an SC just isn't a "bolt-on" mod for the m3 that we wish it was...that is if a long lasting reliable engine is what you are after.

I may be wrong and RMS has figured out something a lot of other respected tuners are having issues with...but for my money, i'd stay away from them. If you really want more power and have money to burn, an engine swap to m5 or 540+SC engine would make you a stud. Don't know if there is enough room in the bay for the 540+SC though.

i'm talking out of my a$$ so don't ask me anything technical.

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
9,704 Posts
Search on RMS for all the details. They have blown at least 2 S54s that I know of.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts