E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody in nj know a good rim detailer/fixer? cuz mothernature has been a ***** this winter and i need to touch up a couple rims !!:cry: :ben: so if anyone knows please help a brother out ! thanks all

·
Registered
182 Posts
I live in Oakland NJ and I would like to know the same thing. I have not injured a wheeld yet, but is inevitable that it will happen due to the hurendous roads.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kinda far im in parsippany nj . I know my dealership "gearheadt in denville" hires people to to touch up the rims oh well i will have to call um

·
Registered
182 Posts
Funny enough I happen to be at my autobody shop and a person happens to be delivering a wheel. He confirmed that he worked for USA Wheels in Fairfield. They do full wheels repair on all finishes on site. Apparently they have all the proper machinery. I was very happen to meet this gentlemen. We are lucky I work in Fairfield and Parsipany is the next town over. The phone number is 973-227-7977, ask for Jeff or Matt.

·
Jo-Mamma
44 Posts
I just gave them a call...I'm taking my car in next saturday to get a small piece of curb rash fixed that I encountered while going over train tracks here in wonderful norther NJ..

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my friend works there , i must be an idoit to have forgotten yea its off Rt46. good ill get the hookup, they repair just about any rim, i was taking to him about a month ago

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got f this winter, i just got brand new m68 wheels and i have been VERY VERY CAREFUL (parking, driving). But my wheels still got f up. I got one bent front wheel courtesy of NJ TURNPIKE while doing 70mph.
And i got 2 rear wheels with scuff marks (i guess the edge caught the pothole) Also front tire has a puncture on the side (patched it tup cause i am cheap and would not throw out brand new contis with less than 3000) Rear one got punctured as well, you can open a 1 inch piece of rubber. Thats how bad it is. I feel like im driving over knives here in NY. Did anyones tires suffer this much damage? Is conti too soft or something, cause like i said front left and rear left are easy to get cut......or am i really BMWMANIAC???

Also I dunno if anyone here owns a dark blue or purple 323 convertible. Cause i saw one at Juniper Park in Middle Village(Queens) around 8pm Sunday. Right now i am looking at every BMW with m68 wheels in NYC to compare condition, whoever you are dude, accept my condolences. YOU ARE DRIVING ON A TOTAL SQUARED WHEEL. You have 2 parts on the same front right wheel that are totaly FLAT. You acctually made me feel good about my wheels.

P.S. I took my wheel yesterday to this tire shop in brooklyn on Atlantic ave and Miller st, the guy wanted $100 to fix a bent wheel. I sad GTFOUH. I will grab a piece of aluminum wrap it in a lot of cushion and bang on it to straighten this wheel (i did this before and it helped).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts