BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take this any more. It is amazing how many people here have rims for sale with curb rash. In 35 yrs of driving my wife or I have never curbed a rim yet. We have always had alloy wheels and never curbed one. Do people use their wheels to feel where the curbs are? Do they use bumpers to tell them when to change direction when parallel parking? Had to vent.
On a Canadian forum which I brought this up some a-hole's question was do you know how hard it is to park in Toronto. Give me a break!! What does that have to do with bouncing off curbs

·
Registered
23 Posts
:thumbsup: good for you...ive never curbed a car either...but i dont feel the need to post threads to make people that have feel bad about it.

Plus, it doesnt always happen driving. it can happen getting your car on a flat bed if you're getting towed, just to name one example.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Driving through road construction... not sure what hit the wheel but something sure did. Not sure exactly how it happened, but it did. I suppose I could stick to dirt roads?

·
Registered
166 Posts
thats kind of funny that you posted this. as i just curbed my brand new rims about 2 hours ago. i'm pretty heated about my first curbing incedent with new rims on......damn

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
If you don't like curb rash, don't buy rims with curb rash.

Or demand they be refinished by the seller before you do.

Or demand a lower price and refinish them yourself.

Or buy them new.

This seems like kind of a pointless rant doesn't it?

:confused:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I can't take this any more. It is amazing how many people here have rims for sale with curb rash. In 35 yrs of driving my wife or I have never curbed a rim yet. We have always had alloy wheels and never curbed one. Do people use their wheels to feel where the curbs are? Do they use bumpers to tell them when to change direction when parallel parking? Had to vent.
On a Canadian forum which I brought this up some a-hole's question was do you know how hard it is to park in Toronto. Give me a break!! What does that have to do with bouncing off curbs
d00d, you rawk! You must be a better driver than all the rest of us! With a better career! And a prettier wife! And a HUGE internet ****!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts