E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 BMW 330xi rim help
I own a pair of 5x112.5 235/35/r19's. I plan on buying a 3/4" OR 1" spacer/adapters to attach on my 5x120 hub. I just want to know if anyone can help by giving me advice on how to make my 19s fit my BMW. Any help is great, but please talk simple terms with a lot of information. I'm not a mechanic but I am not an idiot, just give me enough information for me to do further research please.

My struts are bolt on so my awesome friend mechanic told me It is possible to shorten my stock struts to fit the adapter in order to get proper fitments. Any help, pictures, or guidance will be much appreciated and respected.

Thanks guys enjoy the weekend and have a good family day long weekend! Cheers!

·
Registered
916 Posts
2003 BMW 330xi rim help
I own a pair of 5x112.5 235/35/r19's. I plan on buying a 3/4" OR 1" spacer/adapters to attach on my 5x120 hub. I just want to know if anyone can help by giving me advice on how to make my 19s fit my BMW. Any help is great, but please talk simple terms with a lot of information. I'm not a mechanic but I am not an idiot, just give me enough information for me to do further research please.

My struts are bolt on so my awesome friend mechanic told me It is possible to shorten my stock struts to fit the adapter in order to get proper fitments. Any help, pictures, or guidance will be much appreciated and respected.

Thanks guys enjoy the weekend and have a good family day long weekend! Cheers!
I'm sure if you give this enough blood sweat and tears, you can maybe make it work. But imo this is a mistake. First, 19's on a xi will end up being a huge mistake just based on overall weight, xi's are slow enough the way they are, when you add 50 to 53 pound wheel n tires they get much worse.

Really try to limit yourself to a 18", and buy the correct fitting wheels the first time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you SK330ci

Thank you SK33ci for your response,
What if I dont care about the speed though, I have a motorcycle for racing and wheelies, will it still be healthy on other parts to run the 19's? I dont want to make my car useless with stance, but I will be baby-ing this car and just going for cruises, A to B.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts