BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up

I am going to most likely go with the Rieger front bumper once this hamann one goes again.... couple of questions

Where can I buy

How much

How is the fitment*?

Can I pop it right on and drive off, or does it require modifications

thanks fellas, appreciate the help :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not visible damage, only the under side of it... it has a small piece of plastic missing which broke off from my driveway when my sis was pulling out.... its not even visible, but it bothers me.... besides, i wont be installing the rieger until this one gets bad enough where it can be seen from looking at it

·
Owner
4,044 Posts
RE:

DropTopBM said:
it has a small piece of plastic missing which broke off from my driveway when my sis was pulling out...
You let your sister drive your car??? Shame on you. You're not a true fanatic.

just messin bro
:D :D :D

·
Registered
504 Posts
Decided against the OEM M3 front bumper? Yeah, I don't balme you!! It wasn't easy!!!

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt let her, she took it while i was sleeping :thumbdwn:

its all good because shes buying me any new front bumper that i want, and u cant even see the damage.. the only reason i found out is because there was red plastic on the floor, i was like ahhh crap, i rubbed the bottom of the kit and theres a little chunk missing :sad:

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
i like the oem m3 bumper more. I like that lien that goes across. THe reiger looks weird without i

·
Registered
789 Posts
yea i think you should go with OEM, it ends up being the same amount right but the OEM gets u a better clean looks IMO

·
Registered
644 Posts
OEM will also facilitate the AC addon ;)

You're a coupe, right? I'd think that the retrofit would be easier on your
coupe than PortlandDinan3's sedan ... not sure though.

I think the Rieger kit is a little lower than stock ... I think it looks
*real* nice with the Hamann sides. Flows well ... see Mikey's sedan for
evidence.

·
Registered
128 Posts
To help answer your questions:
DTM Autohaus has Rieger for a good price.
The fitment is perfect. The bumper attaches to the stock supports used on the stock bumper. Depending on how you attach the bumper (glue, screws) and where you attach the screws you can slide the front bumper on and off. I did this for awhile before I went in and out of my driveway until I got tired of it and raised my car an inch.
The kit comes with the mesh as well. The fogs are about $200. It uses the OEM M3 fogs, so if you can get a better deal on them somewhere else I would do that.
Hope this helps. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts