E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a 2000 323I with sport package. and the car need to replace strut due now. i feel the sport suspenstion is too stiff for my taste. and want to get softer ride. i need some suggestions.

first option: buy standard shurt and spring and replace my sport suspension. what else i need to change? can i do a direct swap between the 2?

second option: buy OEM standard spring and Bilstein HD sturt. how is the ride compare with my sport package?

3rd option: keep my sport spring. and get standard shurt. is this a good idea to mix the 2 setup?

one more question: someone on the board meantion that bilstein has released a new shout softer than their HD line. but i can't find any info on their website. can anyone help? and how is it compare with standard or sport from BMW OEM?

thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

Antus said:
hi, i have a 2000 323I with sport package. and the car need to replace strut due now. i feel the sport suspenstion is too stiff for my taste. and want to get softer ride. i need some suggestions.

first option: buy standard shurt and spring and replace my sport suspension. what else i need to change? can i do a direct swap between the 2?

second option: buy OEM standard spring and Bilstein HD sturt. how is the ride compare with my sport package?

3rd option: keep my sport spring. and get standard shurt. is this a good idea to mix the 2 setup?

one more question: someone on the board meantion that bilstein has released a new shout softer than their HD line. but i can't find any info on their website. can anyone help? and how is it compare with standard or sport from BMW OEM?

thank you.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think your ride is too stiff due to blown out shocks at 100k miles.

Antus said:

thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.