BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems as if i broke the lever going from the control arm to the small box of the ride height sensor for the self leveling Xeon lights while installing my coilovers this weekend:banghead:

where the hell do i get one other than the stealership?

·
Registered
529 Posts

·
Registered
2002 BMW 330ci
198 Posts
I broke mine too. I remembered to take it off when I installed my CAs and bushings but I applied more grease about a month later and broke the stupid lever then. I glued it back together but it did not hold. My car was in the shop a couple of weeks ago for some major repairs, one of which was to replace the front subframe which I think is also called the front axle support. Now the 2 pieces of the lever cannot reach each other. I'm not sure what to do. This weekend I took off the piece connected to the control arm. I wonder what affect this will have on my lights as the broken piece of the lever can flop around at will. Looks like I'll have to invest in a new sensor.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I broke mine too. I remembered to take it off when I installed my CAs and bushings but I applied more grease about a month later and broke the stupid lever then. I glued it back together but it did not hold. My car was in the shop a couple of weeks ago for some major repairs, one of which was to replace the front subframe which I think is also called the front axle support. Now the 2 pieces of the lever cannot reach each other. I'm not sure what to do. This weekend I took off the piece connected to the control arm. I wonder what affect this will have on my lights as the broken piece of the lever can flop around at will. Looks like I'll have to invest in a new sensor.
yea...my lights are pretty messed up right now...my cars so low now and i can only see just in front of me so i have to rely on my fogs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts