BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Day 1:
The car left my apartment at around 8:45AM on Tuesday Dec, 3 after receiving a morning call from Samir saying that a tow truck is on its way. With a little difficulty on getting the car up on the flatbed(because the fronts too low;) ), the car was in Samir's hands. In the Afternoon, I got an e-mail from Samir saying the car's tucked in for the night, he'll start to work on it tomarrow. We also discussed about the DME Fault Code the header will put on the car, but I decided to wait for Samir's software to bypass the code since I didn't want to take off my cats.

Day 2: 12/4/2002
****ty day with my enterprise POS Saturn

Day 3: 12/5/2002
same as above

Day 4: 12/6/2002
Got an e-mail from Samir saying that the car will be done tomarrow..:thumbup: and will be arriving at my hosue sometime in the after:D

Today! 12/7/2002
Saw my :pimpin: car on the flatbed as it arrives..took another 15 minutes for the tow car driver to put my car on the gravel, scrapped the front a bit:banghead: but no obvious damagee
Got into my car, put the key into the ignition with a big smile on my face:)D ) Varoom..

first impression: holy sh*t..car sounds so mean!!! I quicky took the car around the block to see any improvements and i have to say, I'm impressed. the car pulls unbelievably well and did I mention it sounds absolutely amazing?:thumbup:
overall, I would definately recommend anyone who's looking for more N/A Power to get this kit:D

thanks Samir..you are the man:thumbup: :pimpin:
bwt..
the kit consists of ECU/Intake/Header
check http://www.renn-sport.net for more info

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please excuse my grammar as my english is
<B>NOT</B> my first language

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hey hey! ;) Time to bring it to the tracks again!

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,626 Posts
I wish I was in Cali so Samir can work on my car. But why didnt you just go drop and pick it up instead of towing it :dunno:
What is all in the stage 2 and 3? More detail please.... Glad you love it...

·
Registered
395 Posts
xS3x,
get some soundclips and post them:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,277 Posts
Very happy to hear you got your back and are enjoying the kit. Give the software some time to adapt to the new mods, so drive it hard :thumbup:

As for the cat removal/header install issue...without cams, or an SC or turbo, the DME will not trip a fault code (at least not usually...sometimes it can in rare instances), but in general, installing headers on a BPU'd E46 will not affect emissions enough to upset the OBD. However, since cat elimination is illegal (and we don't condone this), we did install an aftermarket highflow cat behind the headers.

<u>Power Kits</u>
Stage 1: Intake/ECU
Stage 2: Intake/ECU/Headers
Stage 3: Intake/ECU/Headers/Camshafts/Cylinderhead

·
mi casa @ technik
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CreweBuilt said:
:pimpin: . Any plans to go to stage 3? So Samir did the install any everything?
hmm... I'll play around with stage 2 for a while now :D

richp:
samir already answered for me;)

Vince:
of course :D Can't wait till the next button willow session!

yellowman:
hmm, because I have school on the weekdays, so I couldn't drop it off..
for the difference bwt stage 2 and stage 3
check http://www.renn-sport.net

John:
thanks!! means a lot to me to get the approval from you guys :pimpin:

marketwizard:
my camera broke on me, and i have no idea how to get tapes onto my computer..
however, those of you who lives in so cal, i will be at pasadena on the 19th..if you want to hear it, just swing by :)

neal:
anytime bro~ call me bah:thumbup:

Samir:
thanks for everything again:thumbup:

Jesse

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Hrm...nothing for 325? :sad:

Btw, what kind of headers do you use in the power kit? :)

Technik said:
Very happy to hear you got your back and are enjoying the kit. Give the software some time to adapt to the new mods, so drive it hard :thumbup:

As for the cat removal/header install issue...without cams, or an SC or turbo, the DME will not trip a fault code (at least not usually...sometimes it can in rare instances), but in general, installing headers on a BPU'd E46 will not affect emissions enough to upset the OBD. However, since cat elimination is illegal (and we don't condone this), we did install an aftermarket highflow cat behind the headers.

<u>Power Kits</u>
Stage 1: Intake/ECU
Stage 2: Intake/ECU/Headers
Stage 3: Intake/ECU/Headers/Camshafts/Cylinderhead

1 - 20 of 52 Posts