BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone retrofitted an OEM heating unit into their non-heated OEM sport seats? How much did it cost? Was it a painful process? How easy it to re-wire everything? Or is the heating unit built into the seats in a way that makes it impossible remove?

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I don't think it's impossible, you just need the part numbers and a dealer to use their MoDic to program the option. I recall my dealer saying they have to order new seats but I think that's bull. I have seen several people here with custom replaced leather. I saw a wire view of our car with the seats. There are two kinds of heated. One with heated wires in loops on the seat and back. Another I saw showed a zigzag pattern for the heated wires. I'm sure there is some sort of box or something that goes under the seat.

So you need the parts, figure out how to remove leather, figure out how to attach the heat element, and get the dealer to program the option.

Killer Junior said:
Has anyone retrofitted an OEM heating unit into their non-heated OEM sport seats? How much did it cost? Was it a painful process? How easy it to re-wire everything? Or is the heating unit built into the seats in a way that makes it impossible remove?

·
• DFW •
2,740 Posts
hey e40six... Your gonna be the retrofit King pretty soon dude!!
Heres some info for ya:

Attachments

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vids_blk323Ci said:
hey e40six... Your gonna be the retrofit King pretty soon dude!!
Heres some info for ya:
Thanks, Vid. Now I've got to see if I can get the part from my source... :D :thumbup:

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,845 Posts
i've done non-powered seats to powered seats.. i dont think its impossible tho.. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Killer Junior said:

Thanks, Vid. Now I've got to see if I can get the part from my source... :D :thumbup:

I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Yeah please keep us posted. I'm interested in this as well.

Rich

·
Registered
293 Posts
HEY EDDIE, YOU EVER GET AROUND TO GETTING YOUR CAR DYNO'D WITH AND WITHOUT THE BENFER INTAKE YOU GOT ON E-BAY. I WAS PLANNING ON GETTING ONE, BUT IM SPECIFICALLY WAITING FOR YOUR RESULTS. LET ME KNOW BRO,
THANKS

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,545 Posts
Blazin e46 said:
HEY EDDIE, YOU EVER GET AROUND TO GETTING YOUR CAR DYNO'D WITH AND WITHOUT THE BENFER INTAKE YOU GOT ON E-BAY. I WAS PLANNING ON GETTING ONE, BUT IM SPECIFICALLY WAITING FOR YOUR RESULTS. LET ME KNOW BRO,
THANKS
Yeh, you see that button above shift, thats the Cap Lock button...press it...:tsk:

·
Damn Drivin' Fool!
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Blazin e46 said:
THANKS
Not yet, man. Full explanation here...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45680&highlight=benfer

Be patient. I'll get on it as soon as I can. :thumbup: If not, I'll order one of those G-Tech Pro Competition performance measuring devices.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts