E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-in-law has a 2004 320i (Canadian model) that does not come with the foglights. Has anyone ever done this retrofit? Is the wiring already there? Would the LCM have to be replaced?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
No he will have absolutely NO wires for that :) You will have to buy the complete kit (I suggest pacific or circle since it's cheaper) with the fog, wires and onboard switch (You will have to replace the switch w/o the fog button with the one provided w the fog button

It would be simplier to explain in french but for the others on the forum...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cabana said:
No he will have absolutely NO wires for that :) You will have to buy the complete kit (I suggest pacific or circle since it's cheaper) with the fog, wires and onboard switch (You will have to replace the switch w/o the fog button with the one provided w the fog button

It would be simplier to explain in french but for the others on the forum...
Feel free to reply en francais. How much did it cost you and did you order it from Pacific or Circle? Is it a kit that comes with the wiring?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Santiago said:
Feel free to reply en francais. How much did it cost you and did you order it from Pacific or Circle? Is it a kit that comes with the wiring?
yeap, unfortunately I can't find it anymore, it wasn't for me, it was for a friend of mine. He told me He got it from Bavauto for 210$. I did some research and I found it on their website.. bavauto part number 63 17 9 410 794

good luck with that :) I hope he doesn't come to this site 'cause he will end up buying angel eyes and tryin to match the fogs lights to the color and other shiet like that and it will cost him a bunch of money ;)


I think I remeber you.. you already gave me some tips for a track day (And helped me trying to find a some track in quebec province)

EDIT: ouch.. crappy answer.. I made a lot of mistake hehe, sorry anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cabana said:
yeap, unfortunately I can't find it anymore, it wasn't for me, it was for a friend of mine. He told me He got it from Bavauto for 210$. I did some research and I found it on their website.. bavauto part number 63 17 9 410 794

good luck with that :) I hope he doesn't come to this site 'cause he will end up buying angel eyes and tryin to match the fogs lights to the color and other shiet like that and it will cost him a bunch of money ;)


I think I remeber you.. you already gave me some tips for a track day (And helped me trying to find a some track in quebec province)

EDIT: ouch.. crappy answer.. I made a lot of mistake hehe, sorry anyway
Merci, ta réponse était très claire.

Your English is very good. I'll look it up at Bavauto but my understanding is that they are often more expensive than Pacific or Circle. Do you know if this is a BMW kit or a Bavauto kit?

[...]

I just went to the Bavauto site and the picures are for a light that does not match the fog light blanks on his car. If you look at the picture of my car in the signature you'll notice that my fogs are circles. His car has plastic blanks where my fogs are. The ones you showed me are for wide fogs. I'll do some more research. Thanks again.

Did you end up going tracking? I remember you too. I think you wanted to sign up with FAQ for their school, no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Yeah well.. winter came too early :) already switched to winter tires :dunno:

I think I'll try to become a member of bmw cca chapter of quebec and do some track racing days. With a little pratice at the st-eustache track at spring I will maybe be able to "not" wreck my car on the track ;)

I know for the wide fogs, I gave you the part number for my car, but at the beginning of the bavauto site you can select the year and model so.. it was just to give you an idea of the kit in question (Fuse, Wire, Fog, etc). I already saw somewhere that pacific bmw and circle bmw charged less than bavauto so maybe you are right, anyway good luck with that

:thumbup:

Would you be ready to track your bmw iT next spring against me ? ;)
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top