BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont have Navi in my car and i want to retrofit a Pioneer Avic Z1 into my M3 What is needed to make it look OEM??

My friend owns a car audio place so they are going to install it for me, i just want to know what additional parts i need to make it look OEM i remember seeing a few cars in here that didnt have navi and fitted the Z1 into their car...

thanx!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys whats the difference between the z1 and the N3 (besides the flip, etc etc) what makes the Z1 more expensive.

Is the N3's navi/dvd player good?

Im thinking of getting the N3 because i dont want to go through the hassle of install, buying the double din, etc etc...

appreciated!
<---noob at electronics

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
biggest difference is that the Z1 has a 30 gb hard drive...

Z1 > all double dins IMO, you wont be disappointed...plus it looks way cleaner vs. flip out

the only additional parts I bought was Rich's www.mybimmer.net double din trim and the oem a/c unit trim

·
Registered
70 Posts
Bluecougar,
Did you end up using a can bus adapter to tap into the BMW speed sensor? IF you did not how accurate is your Navigation on the BMW. I am about to put one in my M3. Thanks for your help

·
Banned
2,545 Posts

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Bluecougar,
Did you end up using a can bus adapter to tap into the BMW speed sensor? IF you did not how accurate is your Navigation on the BMW. I am about to put one in my M3. Thanks for your help
Can bus adapter? No adapters necessary, the Z1 would connect directly to the speed sensor wire.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For teh N3, do you HAVE to be parked to view dvd's? (i was looking into the pioneer website and it said while parked, you can view dvd, etc etc)

·
Registered
407 Posts
go to dealer and get the pocket that m3 with nav have for your ac controlles if you dont have nav and you take the bottom pocket out to put ur ac controlls down there it is going to have some gaps.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Is the group buy still going on im interested. Im gettin the avic z1 with the ipod hook up and bluetooth should look nice when its all done.

·
Banned
2,545 Posts

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
this sunday is the 4th not the 14th so its extended till the 4th then.
The double-din bezel is extended till this sunday night. The carputer bezel is till the 14th. I think that's where you got the 14th from.

Rich

1 - 17 of 17 Posts