BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I didn't know where to put this thread, I just thought that 'For Sale' seemed the most appropriate.

I ordered and paid for a Rieger M3 front end (without the vent holes on the bottom) back at the end of July 31.

The order was supposed to be fulfilled in September. I called for an update in the first week of September and was informed that the order would be delayed until the end of September, in return he'd include a set of M3 foglights for a very good price. I went ahead and added to the order.

The end of Sept. came and went and didn't hear from Victor (at MMS). I spoke to Victor 3 separate times in October and each time he reassured me to wait one more week, with the exception of the last phone conversation.

The last phone conversation he asked me to wait until November, I'm assuming more towards the end of November. However, for being patient about the delay, he was going to have the bumper painted for me at no additonal cost and air freighted to me as soon as it was ready. Also, he was going to refund $40 on my credit card to cover the interest I would incurr on my card for carrying the cost of his products for the past 3-4 months.

I haven't seen the credit. I also am having a hard time trying to reach him in the past couple of days just to get an update. A part of me wants to go ahead and call my credit card company to reverse the charges (and get a refund), seeing that I've already paid the balance off. However, every time I talk to Victor, he's been very friendly and forthcoming to meeting my expectations (...if this doesn't happen by this time then I'll do this.....)

As it stands, if the order is going to take another two weeks to fulfill, that'd be fine; I just want to be informed. If it's going to take another month or two, I'd just like to take my business elsewhere.

What are your thoughts, and experiences? From what I've read through searching this forum is that others have had similar expereinces but then end up being taken care of by Victor in the end. Should I cancel the order or just wait...I mean I am getting rock star pricing on the bumper cover, on the fog lights, free paint, and upgraded shipping to my door.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wrote a review for my experience with MMS Tuning, and not more than 30 seconds after posting I got throug to Victor.

He gave me an update on my order [more waiting]...but did finally give me a firm date. If that date comes with no product in hand, then I take my money and go elsewhere.

I have to reiterate that Victor is real nice guy, it's just waiting for these damn awesome products is so frustrating.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yea, general forum would get more replies, imo.

I had a similar experience with Victor and MMS tuning, I say just wait it out patiently. Although you really shouldn't have to wait this long for something you paid for, but Victor does his best to compensate you. My advice to you is to give Victor a call at least once a week to keep yourself updated. He seems to be really busy and has a lot to take care of, so it's good to keep your order fresh in his mind. Be firm with him about what he promised you, but keep your cool. Some ppl have had problems with MMS in the past because they just resorted to screaming over the phone; that didn't solve anything, and they ended up having a bad experience.

Just keep in touch with Victor, and he'll hook you up. I'm happy with the stuff I bought from them.

·
You ain't fresh AZIMIZ!!!!!
2,236 Posts
I live about three hours away from MMS-tunung and I can assure you that they are a good company to deal with. Sometimes shipping is a [email protected] w/ these oversea importers. I am sure Victor will deliver you your goods (and whatever else he promises you) in the end :thumbup: If I were you I would wait it out and get the product YOU WANT and ordered. All I can do is assure you that Victor is in NO WAY screwing around and or lying to you. If it seems like he is telling you lies, I'm sure it's because that is what the company is telling HIM:banghead:
I know its frustrating, but in the end you WILL receive what you ordered ,and if I know Victor, you will probably get alot more.:lmao:

·
Registered
475 Posts
This is definitely the wrong forum.

I can assure you though.

Victor kicks some serious ass! :thumbup:

I don't think it's his fault regarding the delays, I'm sure it's the shipping overseas that's a biotch. He tries his best and never leaves the customer unsatisfied.

In fact, I had an unhappy post on here about MMS-Tuning, instead of responding, Victor looked me up in his records, called me up right then and there and we got everything figured out. I have since deleted the post and have nothing but praise about MMS-Tuning.

I will definitely do business with them in the future!

Chris

·
Registered
960 Posts
I know waiting is a *****, but wait it out. You will like the end result. I give Victor :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sure it's not his fault, but at the same time he did take possession of my money at the time of transaction.

If this is a re-occuring process for him, maybe the policy should change to a 50% down-payment and 50% due at delivery model. This way, customers don't feel like they are the ones hanging on for so long.

Anyway, thanks for the advice and encouragement...it's making the wait less anxious.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yet ANOTHER post about how horrible MMS is. when are people going to learn?

·
1,079 Posts
ive been to mms a few times. everytime ive been there i've had great customer service. Vic is very knowledgeable and helpful.in fact im ordering my my reiger kit from him this month, and i wouldnt think of doing business with anyone else. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
i'm sorry about your service experience, but since everyone is saying how great their service usually is, especialy with Victor, I say just give the company another chance... But I dunno, I personally don't have any experience with them, but will soon :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please don't get it twisted. I'm not saying MMS is horrible, I'm saying that order fullfillment turn-around is horrible. I clearly understand the factors that Victor has to face with: distributor support, customs, shipping/freight companies, etc.

However, I would rather he use other business models to get the final product to the consumer. Rather than float the customer's money to get products, I think he should plan to start floating his money. This way he knows exactly what he has in stock when an order is placed. He can continue to do group buys and such, but I as a paying (paid) customer would rather pay slightly more to have my order fulfilled much sooner.

I'm sure with the quantity of Rieger sales he does, that he could still leverage his past sales for better wholesale pricing from Rieger than other vendors.

·
2,236 Posts
MIAMITOPAZ, I might know someone selling a complete reiger kit w/ molded in air ducts in topaz blue. If you interested I'll hook you up w/ them:thumbup: Your area too:lmao:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called MMS recently for a part and was told to come by the shop. When I went there last week, the shop was closed and empty. No one in site. I called their number, but there was no answer. One of the neigbors told me they went out of business. WTF? :ben:

·
2,236 Posts
They are definately not out of business! They are moving their shop a little north of the old one. I visited both old and new locations last week w/ Victor himself:thumbup:

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
I just called MMS yesterday, spoke with Victor himself, great guy :thumbup:

gave me straight up, no bullsh!t answers to all my questions regarding the rieger sides and rear.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts