E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i know, ive seen all the other posts about muffler deletes, but i didnt find the answer i was looking for. So dont slaughter me for asking or not looking good enough. But anyways!

Muffler or resonator delete? I want to get the deepest sound possible and none of that raspy ass ugly civic sound type of shit. Cant stand it tbh😅 A buddy of mine told me that a resonator delete would give me a deeper sound, but if i did a muffler delete the car would be louder and sound a bit “raspier”. Both me and my friend have little to no knowledge about exhaust deletes, so i would be very greatfull if someone could tell me what does what.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Sky

Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have a resonator delete on my 325i, it is just perfect. Some noises and a liiittle burble, but nothing raspy.
I recommend it.
Mufler delete is controversal : cheapest way to increase the noise, but most people that delete their muffler ends up buying a catback few month later when they have more money... It's like buying chinese mtec kit, it won't look nice, you'll just go to a real bmw kit later on, so, why not doing it right the first time ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a resonator delete on my 325i, it is just perfect. Some noises and a liiittle burble, but nothing raspy.
I recommend it.
Mufler delete is controversal : cheapest way to increase the noise, but most people that delete their muffler ends up buying a catback few month later when they have more money... It's like buying chinese mtec kit, it won't look nice, you'll just go to a real bmw kit later on, so, why not doing it right the first time ?
Thx! Did you do it yourself?

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is mine with a deleted resonator and the cheapest muffler I can legally have on my car in my country.
This is my friends with no cats, resonator from a 1 series bmw and magnaflow muffler

I have also heard a muffler delete only in real life and IMO, its not too loud, quite good actually, but illegal here :/

·
Registered
2002 BMW E46 330i
567 Posts
This is mine with a deleted resonator and the cheapest muffler I can legally have on my car in my country.
This is my friends with no cats, resonator from a 1 series bmw and magnaflow muffler

I have also heard a muffler delete only in real life and IMO, its not too loud, quite good actually, but illegal here :/
Schmiedmann headers are definitely the best sounding on the market. Wonder how they would sound with my xpipe? Doesn’t produce the deep tone the op is looking for, does quite the opposite, but personally I’d go that route.

·
Registered
2001 330i (pre-facelift)
920 Posts
Nice sound. Is it a 330?
Yeah, it's a 330i.

I recommend it.
Mufler delete is controversal : cheapest way to increase the noise, but most people that delete their muffler ends up buying a catback few month later when they have more money...
I tend to agree. I deleted the muffler on my car for weight loss (the muffler is heavy). But for a daily driven car I'd delete the resonators instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts