BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 330xi needs power steering pump and rack & pinion. Anyone know of a good video or Youtube that shows this replacement on an xi ? I've looked at some but none are xi's and after crawling under mine the structure under seems to block removal unless I some how remove the entire frame support.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Haven't done our steering rack yet, but had to do the coupler/guibo & tie rod assemblies, along with the p/s steering hoses. By the book, scribe and document everything(IE position of steering column, tie rod assembly length, etc..). You'll need to drop the subframe at least 20mm and support the engine (read: engine support bar, harbor freight or the like) and the subframe. If you need torque specs, I'll post if you need. Access into the steering column didn't seem to bad when I did the guibo. Disconnecting the p/s hoses was pretty straight forward, albeit, a tad tight in there. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I was trying to understand if I would need to drop the subframe. After crawling under it I can't see any other way. I was just hoping somebody had a video from the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts