BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folkseses:

I've decided that now that I have some free time on my hands (I quit my idiotic job as a car sales manager at a Ford dealership, and I'm out of the car biz for good, thank the Lord), that I would replace the plugs in my 2000 328Ci.

Car's got 62k on it; while I know Our Friends at BMW say that I don't have to touch the plugs until 100k, it just seems a little weird to go that long between plug replacement; especially so when they were just under $40 to buy.

I never go the full 15k on the oil changes, either; about half that is my rule.

My question is, is there anything unusual or strange that I have to do to replace the plugs? Are these cars just like a normal car? Will I screw up the computer? I understand that there's an engine cover that I have to take off, and that I may have to remove the coils on each plug...

Nick

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was very, very helpful, and I appreciate the directions to the guide. If you wrote this, you should be commended for the simple clarity of the instruction.

Thanks again.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
Das Mikro Boöt said:
This was very, very helpful, and I appreciate the directions to the guide. If you wrote this, you should be commended for the simple clarity of the instruction.

Thanks again.
no, no, no, I didnt write it, but this site just has great DIY write ups that have helped me out many of times.

but I'm glad I could help out in a way
:thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoogledy googledy! Those plugs helped out quite a bit! I used to get a bumbly idle right after cold start, but now the idle, cold or warm, is like glass baby ass.

Nice! I recommend to all if you have over 50k on the stocker NGK +4s - I went with the Bosch +4, and think it's a better plug for the application.

Anybody have any idea why BMW didn't go with the dadgum German plug? It's like puttin' Champions in a Supra Turbo!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts